Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Had The Money - would you study abroad? Watch

• View Poll Results: If You Had The Money - would you study abroad?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    If You Had The Money - would you study abroad? Whether you were given the money for free, won it in a prize, or became wealthy are maybe you already do have the money. Why or why not

ReputationRep:
    No - I don't want to leave England, and I need to do my optometry degree here in order to be definitely qualified here.

ReputationRep:
    its cheaper to study abroad in some places...

and probably not. the UK has some of the best universities in the world, i don't see the point of going abroad and paying more when we can get it all here

on the other hand if i was in the position where i was paying 9k a year for tuition fees in the UK, i'd be very tempted to study elsewhere for considerably less

ReputationRep:
    I think I probably would, if I found a university that I liked. I've always wanted to study at NYU or Columbia in the States.

ReputationRep:
    It's a moot point...I have the best of both worlds because I'm on Erasmus this year and normally study in the UK. However I would love to do some kind of postgrad in the US just to experience a different system altogether.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to practice as a doctor in the States, there's some unis in the carribean where you qualify to practice in the UK and US. So yeah. I'd do it in a second.

ReputationRep:
    If I had a place at Harvard/Yale, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    If I had a place at Harvard/Yale, then yes.
    This.

But then I'd quite like to go Oxford or Cambridge too...
    In my uni lots of students can study abroad in China and Italy but I didn't wanna do it as it would have messed up housing arrangements and I'd miss my friends and my degree and stuff. I feel that even though it would have been an amazing opportunity it would have disrupted my university life and marred the overall experience.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Japan here I comeeee (provided my dad won a lotto)

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, but I'd definatly look into it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not rich, but studying in the UK is just a little bit more pricey if not the same cost as studying here.

ReputationRep:
    If it weren't for my boyfriend living in another country, no.

ReputationRep:
    Can you change the poll to show results??

Also if i had the money i would definitely try and go to a university in America

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and I am

Why?
    Always liked the thought of living in the UK. New experiences. Culture change. New start. Broader view on life. etc

ReputationRep:
    Yeah californiaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    Since the rise in tuitions I'll definitely be doing some form of postgrad abroad. Probably in the Middle East.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It would be like a fresh start

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'd love to study abroad. Maybe in America or Ireland or even France.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I'd be in UCLA or BC university so fast.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.