Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of buying Matte Powder - advice please Watch

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking of buying some matte powder because it gives pale skin a bit more colour and gives your skin a nice healthy glow (apparently). i've been looking at some on amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...wder&x=19&y=26 and some on the boots website.

i was going to ask what i should get? for pale skin, i dont want a too dark tone but i want it to be dark enough to make a difference.

also should i use a brush to put it on or a cotton wool pad?

ps. i know i am male and they dont use makeup but i think its necessary. its not like i'm going for fake tan, eyeliner, blusher and all the rest.

ReputationRep:
    I know this would be pretty awkward seeing as you're male but the best thing to do is actually go instore as you can't be sure what your shade is without testing. And definitely use a brush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    i was thinking of buying some matte powder because it gives pale skin a bit more colour and gives your skin a nice healthy glow (apparently). i've been looking at some on amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...wder&x=19&y=26 and some on the boots website.

i was going to ask what i should get? for pale skin, i dont want a too dark tone but i want it to be dark enough to make a difference.

also should i use a brush to put it on or a cotton wool pad?

ps. i know i am male and they dont use makeup but i think its necessary. its not like i'm going for fake tan, eyeliner, blusher and all the rest.
    I'd advise against buying anything that needs to match your skin tone online - it's really important that you get the right shade, or you'll end up looking either like a ghost or David Dickinson. It really is very obvious when people aren't wearing the right shade. If you're embarrassed about walking into a store to buy make up, then maybe go very early in the day when the shops are quiet?

I don't see how matt powder that is the correct shade for you would really do much for your skin tone, though. I don't think it's the right product - I would have thought that you'd either need a bronzing product or blusher, but the latter isn't designed to go all over your face!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.