Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Microsoft Office 2010- to buy or not to buy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Merry christmas everyone! I bought a new HP G62 laptop 2 months ago which already has Microsoft Office Starter 2010 installed on it but now I want the whole Microsoft Package, which software would you recommend and how do you go about buying it? Spending £90 seems a bit too much seeing as I bought my laptop for £600. Please help, thanks!

Just use OpenOffice.

ReputationRep:
      As a student you can get the full copy of Microsoft Office 2010 (Professional edition I think?) for £40 or so.

Edit:
      Here you go- http://www.software4students.co.uk/M...s-details.aspx
      Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus for £38.95, providing you're a student of course (If not, it'll set you back £340!!).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Van_der_Waals)
      As a student you can get the full copy of Microsoft Office 2010 (Professional edition I think?) for £40 or so.

Edit:
      Here you go- http://www.software4students.co.uk/M...s-details.aspx
      Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus for £38.95, providing you're a student.
      ah thank you very much

ReputationRep:
      There are other ways to acquire such software.. but anyhow if you're doubly sure that you actually need to use the extra software then go for it. Though as mentioned before OpenOffice is a free alternative and if I remember correctly you can open and create .doc and .docx etc files with them.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thatrollingstone)
      There are other ways to acquire such software.. but anyhow if you're doubly sure that you actually need to use the extra software then go for it. Though as mentioned before OpenOffice is a free alternative and if I remember correctly you can open and create .doc and .docx etc files with them.
      Yeah, but it's nice to have all the features of Microsoft Office there just in case you want to pretty up your documents

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.