Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For New Year I am going to a house party. Usually to house parties I would wear a nice top with jeans or shorts.

However this party will be at my house, and it is New Year so I feel like I have to dress up a bit more.

Also a few certain people might be there, and my housemate is inviting his friends I have never met. So I definitely want to look good.

I was thinking a nice dress, but what's not too over the top?

(If it helps I am 5'8'', darkish brown hair that reaches just above my shoulders, size 10)

And would it be ridiculous to wear heels? Then if my feet get too sore as it's my house I can change into flats. Or shall I just stick to the flats all night. - I have these really sexynicegorgeous new heels that I want to wear. They make me much taller than a most of my friends and they're just NIIICEE.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lipsy.co.uk/store/just-in...is-DR04167_011

Something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Invite me.

ReputationRep:
    Just something comfortable that you're happy wearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3l4x3d)
    Perve.
    Sorry what?
    I'm gay.

ReputationRep:
    Go for heels if you like them. You'll stand out and seeing as it's your party that can only be a good thing.

As for dresses, something simple but dressed up with some nice accessories/jewellery.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...unic_204461041

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Go for heels if you like them. You'll stand out and seeing as it's your party that can only be a good thing.

As for dresses, something simple but dressed up with some nice accessories/jewellery.

The model here is your size too, and about your height.

ReputationRep:
    I love the colours in that dress!
    Thanks!

(Original post by kat2pult)

Thank you So you don't think it's a bad thing to stand out too much?! That's all good then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cellophane11)
    Thank you So you don't think it's a bad thing to stand out too much?! That's all good then!
    Nope, your party, the host needs to stick out!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on TSR invited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johno090)
    Everyone on TSR invited?
    YEAAAHHHHH

oh

wait

ReputationRep:
    YEAAAHHHHH

oh

wait

ReputationRep:
    For New Year I am going to a house party. Usually to house parties I would wear a nice top with jeans or shorts.

However this party will be at my house, and it is New Year so I feel like I have to dress up a bit more.

Also a few certain people might be there, and my housemate is inviting his friends I have never met. So I definitely want to look good.

I was thinking a nice dress, but what's not too over the top?

(If it helps I am 5'8'', darkish brown hair that reaches just above my shoulders, size 10)

And would it be ridiculous to wear heels? Then if my feet get too sore as it's my house I can change into flats. Or shall I just stick to the flats all night. - I have these really sexynicegorgeous new heels that I want to wear. They make me much taller than a most of my friends and they're just NIIICEE.
    Nothing wrong with dressing up a bit, especially on New Year and for your own party, that would be fine.

So uhhh, the party I was originally going to got cancelled, so uhh... can I come?

ReputationRep:
    From my friend's experience with parties: heels damaged his wooden floors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar)
    From my friend's experience with parties: heels damaged his wooden floors
    Luckily I don't have wooden floors then

But thanks for the warning hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    I def agree with the other comments that you can never look to overdone at your own party! That newlook dress was also gorgeous but would depend on your figure!

ReputationRep:
    wow,sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's only fair to invite us :cry:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    I think it's only fair to invite us :cry:

:cool:
    I agree

:lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.