Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I felt sorry for the presenter who was using a walking stick when doing the piece about Parliament! At least they could of given him some time off!

ReputationRep:
    Who was it?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how to spell his name: riz latif?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a link for this slip up?

ReputationRep:
    Riz Lateef ?
    Riz Lateef is a female...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sure it wasn't the blind guy? he sometimes has his white pole when doing pieces on the news.

ReputationRep:
    On the same note, however I don't feel sorry for the BBC since I pay its extortionate license fee for 3 weather presenters, one in the afternoon, one in the evening and one at late night. So that's three salaries I'm paying for annually to read a script for barely 5 minutes and to look nice...bloody fantastic, who wouldn't want to work for big bloated company?

ReputationRep:
    I'll inform you that Weather Presenters are employed by the Met Office & they don't read from scripts- its totally created by them- including what they say and the research.

Also why shouldn't someone be able to do there job when using a walking stick, many people do- Its obviously their decision and they have to make a living.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why it would make a difference?! The BBC's security correspondent is in a wheelchair, FYI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    On the same note, however I don't feel sorry for the BBC since I pay its extortionate license fee for 3 weather presenters, one in the afternoon, one in the evening and one at late night. So that's three salaries I'm paying for annually to read a script for barely 5 minutes and to look nice...bloody fantastic, who wouldn't want to work for big bloated company?
    You're obviously never up in the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually get why the point was raised AT ALL?

Someone enlighten me..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.