Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I already have an offer from Reading which I got 6 days ago to study BA Archaeology with conditions of getting 280 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels.

But today I get a letter through inviting me to this open day and to have an informal interview.

Is anyone else going to this?

Plus why do they want to interview me if they have already given me an offer? Is this a good thing? Or could they withdraw my offer if for some reason they do not like me?

Also on the timetable for the open day it says that parents and students are seperated for lunch, I am quite worried about this as I am Vegan and I do not know what I will eat, and being with all the other students I do not know on my own is scary, I have aspergers syndrome so I am not very good at social interaction in new places.
    Why do they do this?

What is the open day like if you have been?
    And what is the interview like? What kinds of questions do they ask?

Sorry that ended up being a lot more questions than I origionally intended to ask...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....thats wierd :/ I got an offer about the same time as you, and I havnt been asked for an interveiw :/

but, I doubt its a bad thing. I went to Southampton for an interview last week, (without having been giving an offer) and BEFORE my interview, like right at the begining of the day, they said they would be making me and offer of ABB. I asked the carrers person at school about this afterwards, and she said that its because if you muck up your exams, and dont quite get the offer, you can ring them and basically grovel, whilst they look at their notes from the interview to see if they want you anyway. Does that make sense?

Good luck whatever happens!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer on the 22nd, and got a letter through a day later saying they want me to come to a visit day on the 24th/25th February, nothing about an interview though.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, got asked to go to the visit day on the 23rd feb but read nothing on my letter about an interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.