Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Based on their culture? For example my mum had two weddings - traditional and white wedding. She is African so her assumed main wedding was the traditional. However, because my dad is white she also had a white wedding! I must say that's rather brilliant for her!! Anyone else lucky or will be lucky like this?

For example - Traditional wedding :

White wedding:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure not all Africans have two weddings. :')
    But I won't

ReputationRep:
    Hi Priscila :hi:

I'm sorry but I don't get the point of this thread, and your thread title is quite misleading - African females don't have to weddings.

You just want to tell us(show off) how lucky your mum is for having 2 weddings, amirite? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    In Indian/Pakistani culture you kind of get two weddings. The first is hosted by the parents of the bride (after which the couple are considered married) and then the second is hosted maybe a week later by the parents of the groom (in which they are introduced to everyone else as Mr and Mrs Whatever).

I don't see why a person is "lucky" to have two weddings though. I mean, you still end up married either way? Is having a room full of people staring at you really that much fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    Hi Priscila :hi:

I'm sorry but I don't get the point of this thread, and your thread title is quite misleading - African females don't have to weddings.

You just want to tell us(show off) how lucky your mum is for having 2 weddings, amirite? :holmes:
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ReputationRep:
    One of my Armenian cousins had two weddings...she had a simple, American wedding (she lives in California) and then her and her husband saved up for two (!) years and had a big Armenian wedding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    One of my Armenian cousins had two weddings...she had a simple, American wedding (she lives in California) and then her and her husband saved up for two (!) years and had a big Armenian wedding.
    omggg!! how do Armenian weddings look like. I wonder if ~Kim Kardashian will have one lool :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of this but 2 parties is common. One church party and a hall party.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.