Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I over heard my mum and aunty saying how it was good 'sometimes' to marry a man that was several years older than the female. For example, 45 (women) 52 (man) and so on. I heard one of them say it was good for the women because they always looked young and her opinion was later supported by a couple of uncles and my dad.

Do you agree with this? I read an article on ask men a while ago which kind of supported this.
    Source: http://uk.askmen.com/dating/curtsmit...ng_advice.html

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a pretty stupid idea to go for an older man so that you look younger.
    Although a positive of an older man is that he's more likely to be financially stable

ReputationRep:
    I don't think 'good' is the right word to use, just personal preference.

To be honest, I'd rather be with someone closer to my age who I get on with well and look the same age as than someone older who I don't have much in common with. For this reason, I wouldn't hunt down a rich man to marry/go out with.

ReputationRep:
    There are several biological reasons why young woman & older man relationships tend to be popular... making the woman look younger is not one I'm familiar with though. :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.