Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone is getting ill.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Now i am, its either a cold, or tonsillitis and a cold.
    RAGEEEEEEEE!!

Anyone else likely to be ill over xmas? So annoying. Fine all year then bam. Great

ReputationRep:
    I'm ill most of the year, my immune system has taken a bashing. It'll be brilliant if I'm not ill over Christmas.

As *******s! I just sneezed. Bloody hell!

ReputationRep:
    Im ill at the moment too, I have a sickness/flu type bug which Ive never had before. My throat is really sore and Im coughing constantly so getting no sleep and I feel totally wiped out

I'll be pissed off if I'm like this all over christmas

**arm in the air** yep, I'm one of those people who is currently ill in the run up to Xmas. Have been for 7weeks! But gotta agree OP, there seems to be a lot of people (including me) poorly this Xmas. And it sucks big time.

ReputationRep:
      I'm okay, but trapped in the house with a mum who may or may not have swine flu. My brother buggered off to go clubbing, so I'm taking care of her at the moment. Whilst wearing a biohazard suit, keeping a distance of at least two metres at all times and spraying everything she touches with Dettol.
      But hey, I'm here.

ReputationRep:
      It's because you guys don't cover up properly. I haven't had the cold in about 2 years.

ReputationRep:
      yepyep, i've had this cold for about a week and its really hanging around. defo will still have it christmas dayy its the cough thats getting me more than anything, chest feels constantly a bit tight and its waking me up at night! SUCKS

ReputationRep:
      I had 4 colds since August, the last one of those disappeared last week, so fingers crossed I've had my share now for a good while!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
      It's because you guys don't cover up properly. I haven't had the cold in about 2 years.
      definitely true! i haven't had a coat since i was about 15, i just wear jackets and cardigans all year around.. so no one to blame but me!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
      would be a perfectly valid point if you could catch a cold from being cold, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), you can't get a cold from being cold, or out in the cold.

but you're right, people these days often don't cover up properly, it makes me feel cold just seeing girls in tiny skirts and low tops and not a lot of clothes, in winter! though this is fairly stereotypical i realise haha.

i'm ill i have loads of crappy symptoms and the doctors have no idea what's wrong, had 3 blood tests done, now gotta go back for more as soon as I can get back to my Uni town in this snow

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CameraGirl)
      would be a perfectly valid point if you could catch a cold from being cold, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), you can't get a cold from being cold, or out in the cold.

but you're right, people these days often don't cover up properly, it makes me feel cold just seeing girls in tiny skirts and low tops and not a lot of clothes, in winter! though this is fairly stereotypical i realise haha.

i'm ill i have loads of crappy symptoms and the doctors have no idea what's wrong, had 3 blood tests done, now gotta go back for more as soon as I can get back to my Uni town in this snow
      Technically it does help. If you wrap up, with gloves and a scarf. The scarf acts as an epic barrier against germs flying around, and the gloves mean you dont put your fingers in your mouth when germs are on them.

ReputationRep:
      i have flu

ReputationRep:
      I know it's like...when will they just roll over and die? :dry: the moaning is just getting annoying.

ReputationRep:
      Well the last week I've: found out I had a cavity, got a virus which made me throw up, got a nasty cough, got a bad cold and now I've just found out I might have an abscess on my gum great.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CameraGirl)
      but you're right, people these days often don't cover up properly, it makes me feel cold just seeing girls in tiny skirts and low tops
      Funny... It doesn't make me feel cold.. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
      I've been ill for the last two weeks but I'm better now- just in time for christmas!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 4TSR)
      Funny... It doesn't make me feel cold.. :sexface:
      Hahah you're right, it makes most guys feel warm I bet.

ReputationRep:
      i was quite ill 2 weeks ago and spent the week tucked up in bed in lots of layers and a hot water bottle, which was annoying but i should hopefully be ok for christmas since iv just been ill. my mum has been ill for first half of this week with a chest infection that i was lucky enough to avoid catching, as i seem to catch everything around. she's had to be off work for 2 days because of it - she teaches reception class and when she called in sick there were 52 kids off on the monday and 59 kids off on the tuesday - 12 of which were in her reception class, so know what you mean about everyone seeming to get ill, especially as a couple of my friends have also said theyre not well either.

i have had a few sneezes and a bit of a runny nose but that was from being out in the cold for a bit on sunday and monday but its not been too bad so i should hopefully be ok.

ReputationRep:
      Have had a cough for 3 weeks now and the stupid weather and crappy day time TV has made me depressed.

ReputationRep:
      I've been really ill since last weekend and have basically been asleep the whole time. Just got rid of a cold and the boyfriend gives me the flu, followed by laryngitis and now I have conjunctivitis, lavely.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.