Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New girlfriend and Christmas Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    i just started to date a girl, it has been a month. however, ive know her for more than a year. should i get a christmas present? if so what kind of present should i get????

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    just dump her and ask her out again at new years

ReputationRep:
    I would, a small gift of £20 maximum imo

ReputationRep:
    what a stupid question man. of course you should buy her a present.

ReputationRep:
    Get her something small. Something from Paperchase or Accessorize.

ReputationRep:
    Make her a gift card which says something along the lines of, good for 15 minutes of cunninlingus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    I would, a small gift of £20 maximum imo
    What!? lol I wouldn't even spend that much if it were me. I'd just send her a card and be done with it. Depends on how new she is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    What!? lol I wouldn't even spend that much if it were me. I'd just send her a card and be done with it. Depends on how new she is.
    I'm clearly just a lot more giving than you
    But tbh, it would depend on how i felt. If i knew we would last then yea, if i didnt think it would go far, she'd get a toy from a Kinder egg.

ReputationRep:
    Get her a small piece of jewellery or something, nothing too extravagant.

ReputationRep:
    wait to see if she gets you anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but just something small to let her know you care, but not too overboard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    I'm clearly just a lot more giving than you
    But tbh, it would depend on how i felt. If i knew we would last then yea, if i didnt think it would go far, she'd get a toy from a Kinder egg.
    Lad!

I'm quite the miser actually, so you're right.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see that you thought ahead seeing as Christmas is only 28 HOURS AWAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    Get her a small piece of jewellery or something, nothing too extravagant.
    hmmm, .

Seems like I'm the most stingiest member on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    LOL definetly get her a present!
    maybe jewellery or something
    definetly not stationery or vouchers though :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you really should. Oh and have fun shopping on Christmas Eve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Dude, that's just cheap, come on. He said he's been with her for a month and that's a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me28)
    Hey,
    i just started to date a girl, it has been a month. however, ive know her for more than a year. should i get a christmas present? if so what kind of present should i get????

thanks!
    Get her summat for around £20. Unless you're short of cash...

ReputationRep:
    Just get a CD by her favourite artist or genre or something. Jewelry after just a month is a joke, no wonder people these days are only together a handful of months. Trying to stick a years worth of relationship into a month. Jewelry is paramount to wheeling out the big guns. Keep it for special occasions so that it means something, not for a months dating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)
    Dude, that's just cheap, come on. He said he's been with her for a month and that's a start.
    Yeah I agree, I did say that I was a cheapskate lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.