Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are your parents still in love with one another? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are your parents still in love?
    Yes.
    30.53%
    No.
    38.17%
    I don't know.
    11.45%
    I hope so.
    8.02%
    My parents were never in love.
    11.83%

ReputationRep:
    Do they get on?
    How long have they been in love/hate?

I'll put a poll in once i've worked out how.

Oh, and no mines aren't. They are mental and want to sort of kill the other :rolleyes: shan times.

ReputationRep:
    Romance is dead.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are divorced and hate each other.
    They both ***** about the other to me, which can be quite amusing.

ReputationRep:
    My parents have been divorced for a decade, and yet oddly this year we'll be having Christmas dinner together as a family, for the second year in a row.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's not like I've ever asked them.

They seem happy together, but maybe more of a comfortable-love that I imagine (and hope) comes from spending the majority of their lives together rather than a passionate-love.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Despite being a love marriage, I'm not entirely convinced my parents were ever really in love with one another. Maybe they thought it at the time... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My mum and dad have been married for nearly 24 years, and they still seem pretty happy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's cringe worthy too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    My parents have been divorced for a decade, and yet oddly this year we'll be having Christmas dinner together as a family, for the second year in a row.
    I feel all 'Parent Trap'ish.

My parents hate one another (well my mum hates my dad) but they still go on holiday together and he does the gardening etc. awks.

ReputationRep:
    well, if not, im pretty sure my mums love of my dads money will be enough

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I'm not sure to be honest. I think they love each other to an extent but they're just not in love with each other anymore if that makes sense. They barely speak, more pass by each other throughout the day...

ReputationRep:
    Not as far as I know... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    No. Well, my Dad still asks my Mum to get back with him almost every Valentine's Day (they've been divorced 11 years)... so maybe he does. But he doesn't love her enough to have not cheated on her, or to pay a single penny towards my upbringing... so maybe not!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, and he keeps threatening to leave her :sad:

ReputationRep:
    i think so judging from the sounds coming from their room at night http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...es/curious.gif
    but yeah seems like they still are...just celebrated their 20th anniversary this september

ReputationRep:
    My mum and stepdad were on the brink of divorce for about four years or so. They are still together, but live completely separate lives. I think it's a real case of staying together for the kids (i've got two younger siblings).
    Mum has told me, and means it genuinely as opposed to just in a fit of anger, not to get married, that it's really not worth it. It kind of depresses me, especially when i see friends' parents still looking like they at least enjoy each other's company. Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Separation was the best thing that ever happened to them though.

ReputationRep:
    My parents never have and never will love each other. Beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    yeah mum and dad are married 4 43 years and are happy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they both still love each other. It was their 30th wedding anniversary this year.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.