Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i would like to say now that art a level is so much ****ing work y did i do it. watch

ReputationRep:
    just having a rant. but its trueeeeeee ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    That's why I didn't do it. :cool:

Sorry for you though. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, only reason I didn't pick it was because I would have had to carry them huge folders around - don't get me wrong I like people mirin my work, but too much of a chore.

ReputationRep:
    That's the reason i dropped it for A2 lol.

Spending all night and morning trying to get paintings finished instead of sleeping is NOT worth it.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha wise you chose not to do it!
    oh and getting on a bus with folders... awkward ha
    and yup im definetly dropping it at end of AS based solely on laziness :PP

ReputationRep:
    My God I regret taking Art so much. Halfway through A2 now... Ugh

ReputationRep:
    poor you :/
    i wish theyd give us like.. taster a levels or a few months so we could change them
    a.r.t.
    haha anyways good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    But OMGZ its leik a micky mousse subjckt 'nd stuffs, so esy lolz.

ReputationRep:
    noo its not its so much effing work. tbh you dont have to be good at like drawing you just have to put so much effort in ..its not worth it im ready tto kill myself here hehehahah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's a massive hassle :/

Our teachers all told us how much work it is, but a load of people didn't listen and just took it anyway. I mean there is really no point if you don't want to go on to do art at uni.

But thing is, if you can get an A at A2 then you're pretty much set up with a good portfolio for interviews, and lots to talk about. So I guess there's payoff

ReputationRep:
    It is a ****ton of work and extremely stressful, but there are good points about it. It's massively satisfying and if you take it, you only have 2 subjects to revise for. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I do A-Level Art and love it but it doesn't get the credit it deserves. People who think it is a doss have got it miserably wrong. You could be the most accurate painter in the world and end up with a very low grade. It is good if you know what the mark scheme is but I find it impossible to know how to grab the marks. My A at AS was a stab in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because if you chose English you'd have been even more messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK471993)
    I do A-Level Art and love it but it doesn't get the credit it deserves. People who think it is a doss have got it miserably wrong. You could be the most accurate painter in the world and end up with a very low grade. It is good if you know what the mark scheme is but I find it impossible to know how to grab the marks. My A at AS was a stab in the dark.
    I agree, one of the best artists in my class has been predicted a B at A2, when she has been A* all the way until now. Sucks :/

ReputationRep:
    Sadly Mr Inquisitive, I also do english literature hahah fml :L

ReputationRep:
    Lol i'm doing A2 art this year and actually I love it =p
    There's only lots of work to do if you get behind really. If you keep up it shouldn't be a problem!
    I thought there was way too much work last year though as well =p

ReputationRep:
    hahaha yeh i know if you do some every week its fine :P but ah duno im just unorganised loool

ReputationRep:
    GCSE killed me enough to realise I wouldn't stick it at A-level

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to work and concentrate in art atm after having 2 weeks off school, then I'm stressed about exams coming up next week...

ReputationRep:
    exactly ipodaddict haha we have to hand in our coursework tomorrow and i havent really started it so :/ good tymssssss and i really cba cos i need to revise for jan exams lawl

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.