Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

M&S: She confirmed the job with me, but I just got a letter of rejection?? :( Watch

Anon or delete please.

Basically, I went to an M&S interview 2 weeks ago, and it went great, The manager that interview me said "congratulations you have got the job!" at the end.
    She took photocopies of my passport, took my photo, I signed the documents.
    And she said she would send off the documents to the head office and I would get my contract through the post in 2 weeks, cause' of xmas it would be delayed.

So today, I called her, and she spoke to me and said "you're still up for the job aren't you?" and I replied "ofcourse!". I told her if she could tell me the date and time I would start, and after a while she said, I need to confirm the exact date, so i'll call you back.

She hasn't called back today, and when I got home today, I got a letter saying "I'm pleased to say you passed the interview, however, there are no more vacancies".

I am soooooooooo ANNOYED at the moment, this was my only chance, i've tried a hundred times, and this vacancy, luckily I got. I'm gonna call her again tomorrow.

Is that job gone?? Am I jobless again?? Or maybe there's been a misunderstanding?? HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me aswell with M&S. Jobs go very quickly with them, as there are many applicants etc. However, seeing as you were available for the job it seems unfair that you got a rejection letter :|

ReputationRep:
    call them :lolwut: its what I would do

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.