Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christmas help in law!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    My name is Chris, and I really need a help!
    Its Christmas and I ve got three courseworks to write..

Could anybody help with this question!!!???

Cheryl is a spectator at an ice hockey match. The rink, which is owned by the Swansea Sprites ice hockey team, is surrounded by a two metre plastic screen designed to protect the spectators. A player takes a shot which ricochets off another player’s helmet and hits Cheryl, resulting in small cut to her head. This is the third time in 10 years that a puck has been hit into the crowd. Swansea Sprites are in financial difficulty and they are concerned that they will be forced into bankruptcy should they have to pay any compensation to Cheryl.

An ambulance is called to attend to Cheryl’s injury. Danni, a paramedic, has recently been diagnosed with diabetes and as a result is prohibited from driving. However, no other paramedics are available so Danni is sent to the ice rink. During the trip back to the hospital, due to her condition, Danni partially loses consciousness. As a result the ambulance collides with a lamppost. Cheryl sustains a broken leg.

At the hospital, Cheryl is treated by Simon, a junior doctor. Simon treats Cheryl’s broken leg using a procedure suggested in a recent article published in the widely respected European Journal of Osteopathy. The procedure entails a much shorter recovery time than conventional treatment but carries an increased risk of complications. As a result of the procedure, the blood flow to Cheryl’s foot is interrupted and her foot has to be amputated.

Advise Cheryl whether Swansea Sprites, Danni and Simon have breach their duty of care.

How would your answer to above differ, if at all, if Danni was completely unaware that she suffered from diabetes?

Thanks

I LOVE YOU ALL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.