Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

always friend zoned Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey so i thought i'd hop on the angsty pathetic thread bandwagon..

it's all in the thread title really - i'm pretty sure i get friend zoned a lot. 99% of the time i don't mind/prefer it, because i'm quite selective with who i wish to have relations with (in terms of personality/character, before people start crying that i'm shallow and deserve to burn in hell) so.... as you've guessed, the other 1% of the time, it may bother me

anything i can do to get out of the friend zone? or anything i may be doing that always puts me there?

i'm normally pretty wise. not gonna lie. i just can't figure this out though. i'm not sure if it's my looks or personality or the fact that i shower once a month. in my own ****.

cool, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabie)
    hey so i thought i'd hop on the angsty pathetic thread bandwagon..

it's all in the thread title really - i'm pretty sure i get friend zoned a lot. 99% of the time i don't mind/prefer it, because i'm quite selective with who i wish to have relations with (in terms of personality/character, before people start crying that i'm shallow and deserve to burn in hell) so.... as you've guessed, the other 1% of the time, it may bother me

anything i can do to get out of the friend zone? or anything i may be doing that always puts me there?

i'm normally pretty wise. not gonna lie. i just can't figure this out though. i'm not sure if it's my looks or personality or the fact that i shower once a month. in my own ****.

cool, thanks.
    Be more mean/sexual, it will either go one way or the other, they'll think you're arrogant or like you long time, but you'll never be in the friend zone!

Oh and to fuel the classics 'When you meet the right girl/boy none of this will matter, and they'll love you for you' blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Be more mean/sexual, it will either go one way or the other, they'll think you're arrogant or like you long time, but you'll never be in the friend zone!
    You don't have to be a cockerel to avoid being friend zone. The misconception is that 'friend zoning' is always bad thing, it's actually good to be a girl's friend as you're overcoming one of the biggest obstacles: trust.

Things that may put you there in the first place: You're genuine, easy to talk to and offer well-respected advice or opinion.

Things to get out of the friend zone: Refrain from being entirely open and leave a little to mystery, don't lead your female friends to believe they know everything about you, and how you may be in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    stop being a nice guy and be a man!

is how i got my girl (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiling...rain)
    x
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    You don't have to be a cockerel to avoid being friend zone. The misconception is that 'friend zoning' is always bad thing, it's actually good to be a girl's friend as you're overcoming one of the biggest obstacles: trust.

Things that may put you there in the first place: You're genuine, easy to talk to and offer well-respected advice or opinion.

Things to get out of the friend zone: Refrain from being entirely open and leave a little to mystery, don't lead your female friends to believe they know everything about you, and how you may be in a relationship.
    if i'm being friend zoned just for being who i am, then that's ok. i can accept that, i'll just keep being me and hope one day someone will see me as more than a friend lol.

i should mention that i'm a girl also :bigsmile: - don't know if that makes a difference.. i think maybe the importance of looks apply more if you're female but i'm also a bit cynical so maybe my belief is wrong. maybe.

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemygirl0489)
    stop being a nice guy and be a man!

is how i got my girl (:
    i can't be a man!!

it is literally impossible.

i'm female you see.

ReputationRep:
    i can't be a man!!

it is literally impossible.

i'm female you see.

girls only get friendzoned when unattractive

ReputationRep:
    if i'm being friend zoned just for being who i am, then that's ok. i can accept that, i'll just keep being me and hope one day someone will see me as more than a friend lol.

i should mention that i'm a girl also :bigsmile: - don't know if that makes a difference.. i think maybe the importance of looks apply more if you're female but i'm also a bit cynical so maybe my belief is wrong. maybe.

thanks guys
    Yes, it does! :facepalm:

Because it's much easier. Girls don't realize the power of paying men a little bit of attention. We are like putty in your hands. If you like one of your friends, arabie, chances are they looked or have looked at you in that way before, at least once.

ReputationRep:
    girls only get friendzoned when unattractive
    always?

i like roo bix better than you :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    always?

i like roo bix better than you :gasp:
    either you are munty or have the personailty of a brick wall

no other possibilitie

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it does! :facepalm:

Because it's much easier. Girls don't realize the power of paying men a little bit of attention. We are like putty in your hands. If you like one of your friends, arabie, chances are they looked or have looked at you in that way before, at least once.
    hm i dunno, what's paying a bit of attention?

i try to be funny with guys i like but i suppose i've never made any extra effort in particular.. i don't know, it's just that i was convinced there was this guy that liked me and recently i've kinda started to like him too! but a couple of days ago he jokingly said 'my special friend' in a text which took me by surprise because you know..

FRIEND.

that bloody word.

ReputationRep:
    Put them in the rape zone.

ReputationRep:

no other possibilitie
    Either you are an ignorant troll or. No, there is no or.

ReputationRep:
    hm i dunno, what's paying a bit of attention?

i try to be funny with guys i like but i suppose i've never made any extra effort in particular.. i don't know, it's just that i was convinced there was this guy that liked me and recently i've kinda started to like him too! but a couple of days ago he jokingly said 'my special friend' in a text which took me by surprise because you know..

FRIEND.

that bloody word.
    What you need to do is get to know some new guys, because there will be guys that wont put you in the friend zone.

ReputationRep:
    Either you are an ignorant troll or. No, there is no or.
    i am not a troll

most men are easy assuming the girl meets par with look and personailty
    both are needed in order to avoid the friend zone (unless really desperate0

ReputationRep:

no other possibilitie
    oh dear, neither of those traits are easy to redeem. thank you for your wise words and help, your insight is truly inspiring

tbh you could be right, i'm not gonna dismiss that, i'm the one that's asking i spose

OMG Snap. I know I have a really good personality, but I really don't think i'm hideous. I definitely have good style and an alright body, the only thing I can think of is that i'm pretty tall which would probz put some guys off or maybe it's because i'm quite loud. It doesn't bother me too much though i'm just a bit scared that when I find someone I actually like I might be friend zoned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OMG Snap. I know I have a really good personality, but I really don't think i'm hideous. I definitely have good style and an alright body, the only thing I can think of is that i'm pretty tall which would probz put some guys off or maybe it's because i'm quite loud. It doesn't bother me too much though i'm just a bit scared that when I find someone I actually like I might be friend zoned
    thing is though, you know there are plenty of tall girls and loud girls out there who are in a relationship - so that can't be the reason.. the mind boggles

well i suppose if you met a guy that you really liked, you could sort of just let him know and see how that pans out.. i have this friend that has entered all her relationships so far by just saying to the guy 'you know what, i'd date you', lol..

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic of yourself.

thing is though, you know there are plenty of tall girls and loud girls out there who are in a relationship - so that can't be the reason.. the mind boggles

well i suppose if you met a guy that you really liked, you could sort of just let him know and see how that pans out.. i have this friend that has entered all her relationships so far by just saying to the guy 'you know what, i'd date you', lol..
    Maybe with a ive a vibe that we're not interested. If a guy thinks you're not interested maybe you're just automatically put into the friend zone. Not that it is much of an indication of my suitability but it's not like I don't get attention from people in clubs and stuff. But people who know me don't want me in that way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.