Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tooth Ache - please help! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having toothache, though today it was particularly bad so I luckily managed to get an appointment at the dentist, they did an x-ray and told me that I had some decay left in a tooth that only just got filled 2 months ago!
    So ive arranged an appointment to get it re-filled but the earliest they can book me in is on the 14th of Jan!
    Any idea of how im going to cope with the toothache till then? Also does anyone know how worse toothache can get or will it just stay at a similar level?
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Eat some sweets

ReputationRep:
    If you're in pain, the dentist has to give you an emergency appointment within 7 days to treat the pain. So Id call them back and say that, and you should hopefully get an appointment before New Years.

If you're not registered with a dentist, you should be able to find a walk-in dentist somewhere, where you can go, usually have to sit and wait a few hours but they'll treat it there and then. You'd have to phone the NHS helpline to find out where the closest one to you is

ReputationRep:
    Your dentist must give you an appt if you are in pain. We generally see patients same day if they are in pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    Ive been having toothache, though today it was particularly bad so I luckily managed to get an appointment at the dentist, they did an x-ray and told me that I had some decay left in a tooth that only just got filled 2 months ago!
    So ive arranged an appointment to get it re-filled but the earliest they can book me in is on the 14th of Jan!
    Any idea of how im going to cope with the toothache till then? Also does anyone know how worse toothache can get or will it just stay at a similar level?
    :confused:
    if i have a patient in pain and they are the process of treatment I always aim to see them within 24hours of them calling where possible.
    depending on how your pain is i would recommend ibuprofen but you do need to see a dentist to get it properly looked at. what sort of pain is it?

ReputationRep:
    use clove, actual clove and just put it on your tooth and bite down on it, it'll numb the pain....or clove oil?? don't take too many pills....i nearly over dosed when i had a toothache i had 10 painkiller and 2 asprins and some other stuff ....Cloves!!! its well good

ReputationRep:
    Have a serach on the Interent see if there is any dental hospital around where you live that offer emergency dental treatment. I live 5 misn away from one and sometimes when I am in pain, I can't even be bother to go to my own dentist.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I have found Neurofen Migraine Pain good for tooth ache, strangely.

ReputationRep:
    I think my wisdom tooth ruptured yesterday and the tooth I need to get a root canal in also ruptured or something (don't know the lingo) I've had about 3 hours sleep and 300 useless paracetamol tablets.

I have come to the conclusion that dental pain is the worst of all pains.

:mad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.