Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been watching? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm not religious but I actually found it quite interesting.

Throughout I was thinking that I liked Mary's hair but overall I thought it was good, it made the 'story' seem more real.

ReputationRep:
    I watched a bit of it.
    found it cringeworthy in all honesty

ReputationRep:
    i missed first episode but my mum was watching second one while we had tea and i thought it was quite interesting so watched rest of it. better than i expected it to be as i thought it would be proper dull but was pleasantly surprised :-D

ReputationRep:
    It had some of the worst acting I've seen in a very long time, which is a shame as it had potential.

ReputationRep:
    It had great potential, but it seemed quite cheaply made and the acting was moderate at best.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a bit. Why are they all white? Not very accurate is it now, BBC? Hmm?

ReputationRep:
    Seen that its been on tv but its not interested me enough for me to actually watch it...maybe i should =/ hmm

ReputationRep:
    I saw only the latest episode just by accident and thought it really quite good! It made the Bible characters seem much more real - like they were real people with emotions and problems
    I will agree that the acting was a bit dodgy at times but overall it was a really good concept

ReputationRep:
    I just stumbled across it, but I actually thought it was ok. Certainly better than I was expecting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Yes, I'm not religious but I actually found it quite interesting.

Throughout I was thinking that I liked Mary's hair but overall I thought it was good, it made the 'story' seem more real.
    lol I was thinking the exact same thing about her hair!

(Original post by mermania)
    I watched a bit of it.
    found it cringeworthy in all honesty
    Hmm. I think it was ok, not a complete loss. I can see what they've tried to do..the worst bit was when Mary was giving birth and then Joseph grabbed her hand :/ that was quite embarrassing to watch and cheesy as well, which I didn't expect from the BBC.

(Original post by Lewroll)
    Good point! I think one of the "wisemen" was black.

ReputationRep:
    I was loving it! Would like to know where Mary plugged her curlers in, but apart from that, all was fab!

(Original post by Lewroll)
      It's not the first time the BBC have produced a Nativity show with historical innaccuarcies. A few years ago, they made one set in modern-day Liverpool.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.