Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you use an image from the internet without breaking copyright or anything? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Aargh I'm confused! I want to use a pic of Queen Victoria in a report I'm doing but don't know how to do it without breaking laws lol. Can I just do the old referencing thing and that will suffice? I keep seeing about how you need permission from the owner's of the work but surely that's not necessary? i can't imagine everyone who has ever used an image has asked permission! (I know I haven't ) but that was before I had to reference things lol. I obviously can't take my own picture of her hehe so I'm confused! Anyone know? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibobs)
    Aargh I'm confused! I want to use a pic of Queen Victoria in a report I'm doing but don't know how to do it without breaking laws lol. Can I just do the old referencing thing and that will suffice? I keep seeing about how you need permission from the owner's of the work but surely that's not necessary? i can't imagine everyone who has ever used an image has asked permission! (I know I haven't ) but that was before I had to reference things lol. I obviously can't take my own picture of her hehe so I'm confused! Anyone know? Thanks
    hi alibobs
    sorry for the late reply to your thread.I would use the harvard reference system for what you have asked.So for example if you had put a picture from google images that was a diagram of the digestive system
    you would put the picture into the assignment and then reference the picture by

Picture of the digestive system taken from www.google.co.uk or even google images dont forget to quote the website or url address you got the picture from(internetwise)(what ever date you had taken it and what page from google images it was form) and so forth underneath the said picture and then also put a footnote underneath this and reference it back into your references section in your assignment)if that makes any kind of sense to you alibobs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.