Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Christmas day is great. We get to see family, give and receive gifts, eat a luxury roast dinner, be merry. Just so many fun things to do throughout the day.
    We start our Christmas day around 9am. we start by giving and receiving presents, and wishing each other all the best. Occasionally on Christmas we would go to our pentecostal (very lively ) Church at about 10:30am-1pm
    After church from about 1pm-6pm would be our family time, visiting family and having a good time. then 6pm onwards would be going home and watching tv, a few beers, and enjoying presents. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    we get up at 2 in the morning and open gifts

ReputationRep:
    sick sick. sounds bare fun

ReputationRep:
    Get up early, after having gone to bed really late (2-3am). Prepare everything as 27 people eat at home that day (this year, last year it was 30). Receive everyone, eat, help in cleaning lots of stuff, then talking and talking and more talking. Last year the talking lasted until 4am. This year, I don't know.

Presents are given the 6th of January, in Spain.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an 8 year old brother so we get up at about 7am, open presents for a couple hours (takes forever cos Mum makes us do them pretty much individually so everyone sees what everyone gets). We then get dressed and up and about, have breakfast, then my grandparents come around early afternoon. Soup at 2ish, main dinner at about 3. Then sociable time showing each other what we got, maybe put a dvd on or play a game before my grandparents go home at 7ish.

ReputationRep:
    After going out to family's house 'till about 2am on Christmas Eve, get up at about 7am and look at cool stuff in stocking if there is one. Sleep again 'till like 10am where the whole family goes into the living room, open first half of presents (not under the tree) then watch telly. Family probably come over or we go over theirs, then Christmas dinner.
    Depends if we're out or in, talk (if out) or talk + open a few more presents if in.
    Go to the yearly Christmas night party,laugh at drunk people.
    Then open the last few presents the next day. :3

ReputationRep:
    I hate Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    ...and all it entails.

ReputationRep:
    get up anywhere between 10 and 11am, give presents, open my own presents . Sit around with family, watch TV, eat junk, eat big roast dinner, chill some more. Not a hugely lively day, but nice.

ReputationRep:
    I sit down, have a glass of sherry with her majesty and then sing kum-ba-yah festively with a stocking on the end of my penis.

ReputationRep:
    FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Get up fairly early, open/exchange presents with the mum dad an sis, have a fry-up breakfast, chill out together while other people turn up to visit, then my mum makes christmas dinner which we eat with my auntie and uncle - then its tv/computer games as a family =]

When I say computer games I mean games on the Wii

ReputationRep:
    Get up. Open presents. Go to hospital and sit there all day. Come home and EAT.

ReputationRep:
    LOL you get up well late. I go and wake my younger brother up at like half 5 in the morning, dont usually sleep on xmas eve. I'm such a child :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Open presents, Go to church, have christmas dinner and well just spend time with my family. Nothing overly exciting but all in all pretty enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    Christmas day is great. We get to see family, give and receive gifts, eat a luxury roast dinner, be merry. Just so many fun things to do throughout the day.
    We start our Christmas day around 9am. we start by giving and receiving presents, and wishing each other all the best. Occasionally on Christmas we would go to our pentecostal (very lively ) Church at about 10:30am-1pm
    After church from about 1pm-6pm would be our family time, visiting family and having a good time. then 6pm onwards would be going home and watching tv, a few beers, and enjoying presents. How about you?
    Yo Mark berry! Whats guanin?

u gud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    My brother and sister have to get me up because I can sleep in until 11am if I am not forced out of bed! We do the whole santa presents at 8.30am or something even though we are 15,19 and 21 (its a family tradition!!). Breakfast is after morning presents, then lunch at 3pm or something and then a long afternoon of presents from under the tree and rubbish chrsitmas TV as we dont want to go outside due to eating like pigs and/or heavy snow and freezing temperatures!! Hooray-cant wait!! Oh yeah and its family time so are grandparents are up with us as usual, and a church service is involved somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    At 6am, me and my brothers open our stocking presents. Church at 10, then we come back and open all our presents from family and stuff. Christmas lunch, followed by board games, usually whatever board game we've been given for Christmas, then the Doctor Who christmas special, then more board games or reading books or watch a dvd or just look at our presents and have a nice relaxing evening.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Wake up, shower, open presents, eat, chill, eat, monopoly, chill. In that order. My day has no set time frames, however.

ReputationRep:
    sister usually sleeps in my room christmas eve but due to her new boyfriend i get room to myself this year. we always have new pj's as well.
    7am: wake up mum and stepdad, go downstairs, make cup of tea while mum gets up and then we open presents (woulld be earlier but she's banned us from getting up earlier).
    about 9am: go to aunty house and have cooked breakfast with whole family, though some are coming to ours this year instead.
    about 10am: open presents from family.

after that the adults normally go to pub for a few drinks while aunt and a couple others stay to make christmas dinner, its very relaxed, i normally help out by setting table, doing small jobs that need doing and keeping my 5yr old cousin occupied so he's not in way of them cooking and stuff. this normally involves playing with him and his toys, reading him books, etc, while having a dvd or listening to new cd that someone has on in the background.

have christmas dinner that can feed each of us at least twice as she always makes too much, then theres a bit of clearing up and more relaxing. she does a bit of a tea later on as well, but its just stuff like sandwiches and usually later in evening in which we dont always stay for. on the evening we have a few drinks at my mums and watch a film or something. we also watch doctor who

boxing day i have with my dad as a second christmas type of thing. he lives about an 40 mins to an hour away so normally just go out for a nice relaxed meal with him, swap presents and have a good time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.