Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Giving or Receiving? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On Christmas day, do you find it more fun giving presents or receiving presents?

ReputationRep:
    Recieving, definitely.
    I hate giving presents. I hate spending and I hate waiting to see whether the person likes my gift.

ReputationRep:
    Receiving! I like having stuff

ReputationRep:
    Giving, I put a lot of effort into choosing gifts and I like seeing them be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I like giving it. Hard.

ReputationRep:
    Receiving. Free stuff!?
    Seriously though the only bit wrong with receiving is how to react in a really gracious manner :P
    The thinking of gifts for others is a nightmare though.

ReputationRep:
    Probably receiving.

ReputationRep:
    Lol'ing at the [straight] male recievers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    I like giving it. Hard.
    I see what you did there....

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy both. I like making other people happy, but knowing that someone went to effort to get you something also feels nice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm geussing this is some dry humour... Right? Maybee my sexual mind is reading too much into this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    I like giving it. Hard.
    Me too. It's just fun being a giver isn't it. I think I'm a really good one to be honest, I'm always giving it hard. It gives me such a rush when somebody gets hold of my special Christmas package and they shake it about to try and work out what's inside.

Aaaaargh. I could just give right now.

'Tis the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolarElephant)
    I see what you did there....
    You're good, you.

ReputationRep:
    Usually recieving - however this year I am very excited about people opening the presents iv'e got for them!

ReputationRep:
    I love giving more I think especially if I know I've got something they love!

ReputationRep:
    I expected something else.

I really like receiving but giving is so awesome. When the person tells you 'aww thank you' it feels nice.

ReputationRep:
    I like receiving...

Oh yeah and I like giving presents... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I like giving presents to people who didn't expect anything. Makes them feel bad for not returning the favour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    Me too. It's just fun being a giver isn't it. I think I'm a really good one to be honest, I'm always giving it hard. It gives me such a rush when somebody gets hold of my special Christmas package and they shake it about to try and work out what's inside.

Aaaaargh. I could just give right now.

'Tis the season
    Just from what you said, I want to give it to you right now.

ReputationRep:
    The title made me think of something else :sexface:

Aaanyhow, umm depends from who. Usually I love watching my parents and younger brother open presents from me the most because they never know what I'm getting them. But over the past few years I love getting presents from my brother because he is equally good now at surprising me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.