Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

But has anyone here ever taken inspiration from a character in a fictional movie in order to talk to girls and have them sort of fall for you?

I'm asking because, as crazy as it sounds, and possibly old fashioned, but I don't really like the typical studenty teenager (which is a little hypocritical, as I almost am one) and I always want to make myself different, and for some reason I just thought of films, what films or characters are there in which a protaganist is just striking and inspiring? The conversations he has, clothes he wears...etc

Crazy, I know. I can barely explain what I mean! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I style myself after Superbad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I style myself after Superbad
    McLovin' ?

ReputationRep:
    Chicks dig Voldemort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    McLovin' ?
    Nah, the redhead. I exploit fat people for booze

very 'hilarious' replies

ReputationRep:
    as long as you don't get inpsiration from someone like Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) or something I think you're ok
    EDIT: i've seen from you're comment that i was too late with my **** joke :no:
    but seriously, it's good to look at some things to give you ideas, and to distance you from yourself is great for confidence. Just remember to have perspective on whether it would actually work in real life or not

ReputationRep:
    What most people don't know is they actually styled the character of James Bond off me. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    im quagmire

giggity

(Original post by ElectronicPanda)
    as long as you don't get inpsiration from someone like Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) or something I think you're ok
    EDIT: i've seen from you're comment that i was too late with my **** joke :no:
    but seriously, it's good to look at some things to give you ideas, and to distance you from yourself is great for confidence. Just remember to have perspective on whether it would actually work in real life or not
    Haha, i love american psycho!

What do you mean distance you from yourself exactly? I sort of get you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you mean distance you from yourself exactly? I sort of get you...
    so..you can still be yourself, but you're not as self-conscious as you would be if you were concentrating on yourself too much...if that makes sense :beard:

ReputationRep:
    work your image off snape? i would if i was a man.

ReputationRep:
    I call my boyfriend Andy Stitzer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I become Stiffler when girls are concerned.
    :sexface:

'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.'
    A pity. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I like to be as awkward as David Brent.

ReputationRep:
    I tried being Edward Cullen for a while but it turns out that girls don't dig guys who cover themselves in glitter in reality.

Who knew?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.