Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have found from looking at the Reading website there are bars in a few of the halls.

Are they anywhere near the bedrooms?
    Is it often noisy? Could you hear it from the bedroom?

I have aspergers syndrome and this is a real worry for me, having a bar in the accomodation does not apeal to be at all. I am really scared of people getting drunk and roudy. But the only halls which are within my price range and suit my other needs have bars in.

Am I just worrying for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be worried about it so much. I live in Wessex and the bar is always pretty quiet, there are no drunken antics in the bar apart from freshers week which is to be expected.

Just a few regulars down in the bar most nights and the odd few people who come in.

When you apply for halls they normally have some questions you answer and you are put in a kitchen that would be suited to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maigre)
    I have found from looking at the Reading website there are bars in a few of the halls.

Are they anywhere near the bedrooms?
    Is it often noisy? Could you hear it from the bedroom?

I have aspergers syndrome and this is a real worry for me, having a bar in the accomodation does not apeal to be at all. I am really scared of people getting drunk and roudy. But the only halls which are within my price range and suit my other needs have bars in.

Am I just worrying for no reason?
    Hey, which halls were you looking at?

I currently live on Bulmershe and the bar (JCR - Junior Common Room) a seperate building by the halls! You can, when applying for halls you could write in the preference box to be in the building furthest away from it!

As far as I know the bars aren't actually in any of the buildings where peoples rooms are so the only noise would be people coming home from them! On bulmershe it was only really during freshers that any noise managed to carry enough for me to hear it in my room!

Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.