Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stolen phone... what can they still access now it's blocked? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I left my phone in a taxi earlier today, realised I had about half an hour later and by then it was too late, it'd already gone. Pretty much my own fault for not checking for it when I left the taxi as I normally do, but there you go.

Anyway, I've had it blocked by the network (Orange), so nothing can be done on my SIM. It's been blacklisted also so no SIM ever will work in it, because it's been reported as stolen. Luckily I have insurance on it and I sorted everything as soon as I realised, so I've got a new phone/sim on the way but I'm more worried about what they person can still do with my old phone.

I was wondering, someone out there does have it so what exactly CAN they still access?

Pictures, apps? It's not like I have anything to hide but the idea of someone going through all my files and messages is a bit upsetting .

I've changed my Facebook password, so will it have logged me out on my phone, also? I'm a bit paranoid someone might just go through uploading all my pictures to facebook or something silly like that. I've changed all my passwords for things I was logged into on my phone, so will they all have logged out now?

thanks for any help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.