Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Only Girl (In the World)" Watch

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who is not tired of hearing it on the radio, “Only Girl (In the World)” by Miss Barbados herself, Rihanna, is free for download on this myspace Kodak thingy here http://bit.ly/gFWeiW Probably the first time I’ve been on myspace since 2005.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think this and "Commander" by Kelly Rowland are basically the same song?

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the club mix myself, it's a cool beat.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the whole idea behind this song is a bit creepy. 'I want you to love me as if I'm the only girl in the world and you subsequently have absolutely no choice but to go with me, no matter how disgusting my bosy and personality is'. I'd be far more flattered if a guy were after me *despite* there being three and a half billion other girls he could have gone for.

ReputationRep:
    I love this song!! Am I alone?? Haha.

ReputationRep:
    This song is so annoying. I like the video though, I wish I could go there. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    I think that the whole idea behind this song is a bit creepy. 'I want you to love me as if I'm the only girl in the world and you subsequently have absolutely no choice but to go with me, no matter how disgusting my bosy and personality is'. I'd be far more flattered if a guy were after me *despite* there being three and a half billion other girls he could have gone for.
    Sounds better than..

'I want you to love like there's a billion girls in the world...'

But I get what you're saying lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    This song is so annoying. I like the video though, I wish I could go there. :moon:
    I totally agree. The video's so pretty, but the song is annoyingly generic . I still like Rihanna though

ReputationRep:
    it's more like, I don't want to like the song, but I can't help it, I just do. But it does go without saying, it did take me like 40 hours of radio play to actual start liking it. I just feel like it was too much dance in the beginning, but then that's why I ended up liking it.

ReputationRep:
    It's been over played too much and although I like Rihanna it's an annoying song now.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I haven't even been subjected to the overplaying and I still hate it. That and 'Firework' by Katy Perry - apparently singing is no longer in fashion so we must simply resort to screaming and yelling :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.