The Student Room Group

Have i made a massive mistake?

Im scared ive made a massive mistake. I need an outsiders perspective on the situation. Ive started sleeping with one of my best friends, who already has a bf. She says theyre not really a couple anymore and act more like friends, but it seems only she feels like that and he doesnt.
So shes gone home for xmas, and ive realised how much i like her. I know its my own fault as shes not even single, but i really like her and didnt realise how much until now and the thought of them together is driving me mad.
She says she feels the same for me. Am i being an idiot?Advice please.
Reply 1
Just don't get the cheating scum pregnant.
You're a nob. Dunno what to advise really, other than moving to Siberia and never having human contact again
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Im scared ive made a massive mistake. I need an outsiders perspective on the situation. Ive started sleeping with one of my best friends, who already has a bf. She says theyre not really a couple anymore and act more like friends, but it seems only she feels like that and he doesnt.
So shes gone home for xmas, and ive realised how much i like her. I know its my own fault as shes not even single, but i really like her and didnt realise how much until now and the thought of them together is driving me mad.
She says she feels the same for me. Am i being an idiot?Advice please.

Well, there's nothing you can do now. The damage is done... But this girl needs to work out what she wants before you could ever really be with her. Just give her some space to figure things out because she can't keep doing what she's doing, and you'll probably end up getting hurt, as well as hurting her boyfriend. You haven't really got a right to keep seeing her, but if she feels the same way you do about her, then it's up to her to end it with her boyfriend once and for all before anything can happen between you two.
Reply 4
In all honesty, call it off untill she decides to pluck up the courage to end things with her current boyfriend. At the moment she is stringing both of you along and its not fair, tell her your calling it off untill she makes up her mind. Thats just my opinion anyways =]
Reply 5
I know im being an idiot and normally ive got such strong opinions on people who cheat. I feel like such a hypocrite. As much as id like to stop it, i just really dont want too. She does make me really happy when we're together. I feel like such an idiot.
Reply 6
Feelings aren't straight-forward, unfortunately. She might be feeling for you because you're new and exciting, and someone she can trust (if you've been friends), but also still have feelings for her boyfriend/ex/whatever.

The earlier you set things straight, the better.. Ask her to choose between you and him, make a choice, and make sure she knows that unless you all three agree to have a three-way relationship, you are not sharing.

She might hurt you and say you had fun, but her heart is elsewhere. She might hurt him because obviously breaking up because she's seeing someone on the side isn't ideal. He might be mad at you. Also, though you may like her now, are you sure you want to get involved with a cheating girl? She could do it to you too in a years timeø
Tricky.

Quick Reply

Latest