Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've admittingly never been to Wales before, but Newport offers exactly the course I want to do. I have been wondering, has there been an "accent barrier" in universities in Wales? To the students in particular who come from England to Wales - has there been any confusion, or reaction from your accent?

I come from East Angliah > Suffolk, which apparently makes my accent "all farmar' liek. Get the wa'er, and turn on the 'compuu-a.'"

ReputationRep:
    I come from Devon, near Plymouth and go to University in Cardiff. I do the odd jokes about sounding like a farmer or "Green Army" but only within my friendship group. It's all banter we all come from all over the UK and even other places in the world so we all joke about each others accents etc. Aside from that, there has been no confusion or anything so I'm sure you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    you should listen to our newportian accents, seriously you have nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    This is what Newport is like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eijc2...eature=related

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.