Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good weight and weight loss Watch

ReputationRep:
    at the moment I'm 6 foot and weight 14st with a 36' waist and BMI of 26 which makes me overweight. It seems everywhere I look, there are skinny fellas my age - they seeem to be effortlessly so! I'm going on a diet in Jan and the true weight calculator wouldnt go below 10st 12 for me. But I want to go down to 9st 12 in order to be skinny and a healthy weight.
    As well as bemoaning my fatness, I want to know from men - how tall are you? how much do you weigh? and how do you stay slim?

ReputationRep:
    6 foot 3, and 178 pounds, which is about 12 stone 7? BMI of 22.6 puts me in a healthy weight region. Waist is 32'. I am not skinny particularly, i have quite a large frame, but am resonably lean. I have a fairly flat stomach, and no man boobs (thats the most important right). SO i used to weigh 14.5 stone 2 years ago, i reached a point where i could no longer feel my collar bones, and was just pretty much disgusted with myself. So i started running. I initially ran 4 times a week, 1 mile each time, just until i got some stamina, and now i run (ideally) 4 times a week, about 5 km, each time i run. I didn't particularly modify my diet, i pretty much eat what i want. 9st 12 is REALLLY skinny for your height. If i was 9 stone 12, i would look like a famine victim. Big thing for me, is that once you start to lose weight your perception of yourself changed, and i found that being uber skinny wasn't what i wanted, so i say, go by how you feel, and how you look rather than by figures!

ReputationRep:
    9 stone 12? lol so you'll be weak as **** basically, do you really want this? Do some weights as well as losing the fat, there's nothing great about being skinny and weak, and you'll just end up being skinny fat OP, basically looking good in clothes and **** out of them

I'm 5ft 10 78.5 kg or 12 stone 4 with a 30-32 inch waist and a BMI of 26 which makes me overweight :rofl:

Also BMI is a load of nonsense, pay attention to your body fat %, that's the one that's salient

I stay slim because I do weights 4 times a week and boxing training twice a week, I eat about 3500 calories a day

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.