Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Suggest songs for slide show! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was asked to make a slide show with all our pics and videos from our last trip round Europe, which included Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris and London. I was thinking about the songs that I should include in the slideshow that would fit in for each city, and could only come up with LDN by Lily Allen Yeah, i'm so pathetic at this, so I figured I needed some ideas.

Thanks.

PS: No, not "Lady Marmalade" for Paris :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay - Amsterdam
    Friendly Fires - Paris

I can't think of anything for Berlin apart from 'Take My Breath Away' by the band Berlin

Anywhere else? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alouette!)
    Do you want a song for each city or one in general?
    I need about two songs for each city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Mary)
    I need about two songs for each city.
    Ahh okay...

Another one for London could be 'The Clash - London Calling'.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I keep having brainwaves about this now! xD

Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London

That cheesy dance tune from a few years back.. 'Infernal - From Paris To Berlin' :p:

Or how about something by a French artist for Paris? Try something by Christophe Mae / Camelia Jordana / BB Brunes etc...

ReputationRep:
    Go for Parisian Cafe. Try Nouvelle Vague.

ReputationRep:
    Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Songs that are representative of the music that place has produced, or songs that reference the place in the lyrics? Because the first one would be much more exciting imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Songs that are representative of the music that place has produced, or songs that reference the place in the lyrics? Because the first one would be much more exciting imo.
    Well, both...

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. There is the temptation to use a track by a group that has some connection to the city in question (e.g. Rammstein for Berlin) or a song that captures the mood of a city especially if the video was filmed there.

This classic from 25 years ago sums up London for me quite well to this day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIC6_nApwjc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.