Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    Have you got some more student finance coming in Jan?

any chance you could extend your overdraft.

emergency loan from the uni

try borrow a bit from your parents and live on value instant mash till you're sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Sign on at the Job Centre and apply for housing benefit until you find a job.

ReputationRep:
    january loan?

ReputationRep:
    Be Innovative...try selling old stuff at a profit, if your done with your stuffs try conviencing your friends to sell off some of their old stuffs in the process your share some profit. Well once I sold my exam revision notes.

ReputationRep:
    Jobseeker's Allowance.
    Sell things on Ebay.
    If you've worked before, write to HM Revenue & Customs asking for a rebate on tax you may have paid when you shouldn't have (I got a cheque for £800 quid...)
    If you play a musical instrument, go busking in the town centre?

ReputationRep:
    Your joke username makes me doubt the severity, or even the validity of your situation.

ReputationRep:
    Sell some stuff of yours that's not really important.

Did you check if they have jobs in your University? Some universities offer jobs for students who arent able to support their selves so the uni offers them a job part time or full time. Let's say you have an experience under office work, they can offer you a job and then you get paid.

Also, if you know how to play an instrument, you can go to the park and play there or at the mall. Its fun and it may help you pay your bills.
    One of my friends used to sing in the Park with his guitar and he get lots of money from people and he even got a job as a singer through doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaHaLOL)
    My money has finally run out. I've been trying to get a job for about 3 months now, I've gone into shops, salons, restaurants, literally everywhere trying to hand out my Cv they all say apply online.
    So i apply online, and hardly anyone has got back to me.
    I literally dont know what to do.
    I have less than 10 pounds left, all my freinds are broke so i cant borrow off them, I already owe money to my parents and most other people. thankfully Ive paid my bills for this month but what about next month??
    what should i do??
    how did u guys manage to get jobs? (Assuming you work)
    anyone got any advice? would be much appreciated xx
    Maybe you need to change your CV or your approach to job hunting as the one you are using obviously isn't working. It's unlikely at this stage you will get a job so close to Christmas so you'll have to wait until New Year now.

I've worked at KFC and McDonalds in the past and from my experience they always have vacancies. As long as you don't completely balls up the interview, it's pretty much a guranteed job. Not the most glamarous of places to work but when your broke, you can't really afford to be fussy.

ReputationRep:
    Job Seeker's Allowance, sell stuff, just wait until January for new Student Loan, if you are a student.
    The sum total of all my money is about £10 too. Christmas money tomorrow though YES. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Grow a tree which money falls from and stop whinging!

ReputationRep:
    Sell stuff.

Shopping at Netto you can live in less than £5/week (a pack of instant mash and a tin of corned beef will last you for three meals etc.)

Have you tried applying for a paper round at a newsagent?it's humiliating at this age but if you haven't then you aren't trying hard enough.

You're a girl so put on a very small skirt and leave your
    dignity at home. You'll be able to eat for free for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Your CV is probably crap, along with the way in which you are applying, which is why you're not getting anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Hand jobs for hobos?

ReputationRep:
    borrow from the mob :nt:

ReputationRep:
    Become a freelancer

Type freelancer.com onto google find some projects complete them get the money save it up start again!

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better I'm getting money thrown at me because I'm like, all smart and ****.

ReputationRep:
    Your cracker problems ain't ****

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but when I opened this thread, I thought you were talking about your penis.

ReputationRep:
    It aint called a moneymaker for teh lulz you know...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.