Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,

Have heard so many different things about this, from it being reformed to completely scrapped

I plan on going to university for 2012/13 so am a bit worried that it will be stopped due to me already having a two year foundation degree, which would make me not eligible for a standard student loan.

Is this something that we wont know for a while? or is it pretty certain it will be stopped?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well you're still eligible for the loan regardless, just the maintenance loans are dependent on whether you are doing a course which will give youths same qualification youve already got. So if you have a foundation degree, you can go on to do an honours degree with no penalty. You may be refused if you want to do another foundation degree.

As for NHS funding, in November at an open day I was told we just have to wait and see what they decide.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/816.aspx

This link is all about the scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreuk)
    Hello Everyone,

Have heard so many different things about this, from it being reformed to completely scrapped

I plan on going to university for 2012/13 so am a bit worried that it will be stopped due to me already having a two year foundation degree, which would make me not eligible for a standard student loan.

Is this something that we wont know for a while? or is it pretty certain it will be stopped?

Many thanks!
    One of my lecturers mentioned something about this, but he said that it most likely won't affect my class (we started in September 2010 and will finsh in 2014).

I think it's just one of those things that you just have to wait and see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.