Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fallout 3/New Vegas bugs... what bugs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing Fallout 3 recently and I've not experienced a single bug so far. What's this whole bug issue? Is it worth it getting New Vegas now (since it'll be cheaper), or am I better off waiting?

ReputationRep:
    Patches. People have no patience to wait for them, so they moan, lots.

Although, my black ops experience was really odd.
    Started off - FINE.
    Patch #1 - Some freezing. Dang.
    Patch #2 - lots and lots of freezing.

Fallout patches are good though. They seem goodanyway.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno if you're playing it on the console (not sure if its buggy) but the PC game has lots of game breaking bugs. NPCs disappearing, getting stuck to objects, game crashes to desktop, etc. How far are you into it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badgerkins)
    Dunno if you're playing it on the console (not sure if its buggy) but the PC game has lots of game breaking bugs. NPCs disappearing, getting stuck to objects, game crashes to desktop, etc. How far are you into it?
    I've finished Fallout 3 but I haven't bought New Vegas just yet. Thought I'd confirm if all the complaints were just annoyed hardcore gamers that wanted NV to be perfect from the word go.

ReputationRep:
    Playing on Xbox. Enjoying it a LOT, and all that's happened to me is:

* An npc didn't appear in one point, but it wasn't an NPC I needed, simply an easter egg guy.
    * A guy in a saloon walking on one spot stuck in a saloon bar.

Meh, I played Fallout 3 to death on PC including all of the expansions and dozens of mods... I didn't have many troubles with it. In fact, not many bugs at all... a few CTD's every now and then but only ever after several hours and mainly they were due to poorly coded mods. The only part I experienced trouble with was the last mission of the Mothership Zeta expansion... and that was a game breaker actually. Part of the final mission kept flagging as complete at random (I'd be walking down a corridor doing nothing and it would say objective complete ), when it was far from complete, but it didn't activate the teleporters needed to continue. I had to reload something like 20 times before it let me actually complete the objective and continue.

So yeah... it's fairly well patched up now and certainly the vast majority of the game breaking bugs - and a lot of the minor ones - are sorted now. Don't know about New Vegas, I haven't played much of it yet, but I didn't run into any game breaking bugs.

ReputationRep:
      New Vegas has been reported to have lots of glitches but Bethesda are supposed to be releasing new patches for it, and supposedly have been doing so for a while.

I've never had any problems with Fallout 3 for my 360, neither has my brother to my knowledge.

ReputationRep:
      i have new vegas and the only bug that screwed me over was when it crashed 30 hours in corrupting my autosave and forcing me to restart. Still amazing fun though.

ReputationRep:
      The only problem I've had With Fallout 3 (PS3) is that for some reason the fire control sticks (in game not on my controller) so I'm forced to restart from the last checkpoint otherwise I'd walk around randomly fire/swinging my Baseball Bat etc
      It has only happen a couple of times and never in the middle of a mission so it isn't too much of a problem.

I think the games aren't quite as bug ridden as internet forums would have you believe - it's just the people who do get them whine incessantly...

ReputationRep:
      Never experienced a bug with 3. NV on X360 has some stuttering around North NV/The Thorn sort of area, but is otherwise fine. Friend told me the radio on PC NV doesn't seem to work for him at all, which is quite weird, but also not my problem.

ReputationRep:
      I played FO3 for in excess of 100 hours on PC and I can't recall any game-destroying bugs. I bought New Vegas on Steam in the sale and have yet to play it (got Arkham Asylum, Borderlands and a load more games to go through first) but I haven't heard many reports of it being any buggier than Oblivion or FO3.

ReputationRep:
      I've had a few weird glitches on Fallout 3 (PC) :

• Giant Radscorpion stuck in debris, making it immune to any attempt of damage
      • Raider guard dog having half it's body stuck in the ground
      • Megaton House Robot (Wadsworth) made it's way upstairs and is now indefinately stuck between the bed and the ceiling
      • NPCs sometimes freeze in place but are still shooting and talking. I can still move when it happens and take damage
      • NPC Victoria Watts appearing just about everywhere (Megaton House, Grayditch)
      • Getting trapped in the ground and having to use no-clip to get unstuck.
      • Walking into buildings and walking out to find people or objects spawning in mid air
      • Game Freezing

I haven't played NV so I can't comment on that but my experiences with Fallout 3 have so far been hilarious and frustrating.

ReputationRep:
      PS3 is still pretty buggy

ReputationRep:
      I have xbox 360 and Fallout 3 works fine for me, however I get why people complain about New Vegas. It lags quite a lot, and I've had loads of common bugs/glitches (such as monster disappearing under the ground yet still attacking, problems with saves, auto-completing quests - no complaints about that! - etc etc.) But I'm sure it will be fixed once a patch comes out.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.