Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: A pill to stop periods/pregnancy until 30 Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you take the pill to stop periods/pregnancy until 30 y/o.
    Yes, I'd take it.
    29.19%
    No, I wouldn't take it.
    43.24%
    I'm a guy.
    27.57%

ReputationRep:
    So, girls, would you take a pill that would completely stop your periods and the chance of pregnancy until you're 30 years old?

There's no other side effects and the pill is irreversible.

ReputationRep:
    No - I want children before I'm 30!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt, I dont plan on having children until i'm 30ish but I dont want the option taken away from me. I really would be taking it just to protect me until I'm finished uni but there are so many other contraceptives I could use.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I definitely would.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't think I'd want kids until I was 30ish but wouldn't want to lose the option If it was 25 then I probably would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    No, I'd like to have had children before I'm 30, so taking this pill is a nightmarish scenario for me. Being infertile for over a decade is terrifying in itself, too.
    Maybe you could chop the pill up, or just have a nibble of the end :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    just have a nibble of the end
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, if it were 25 I'd maybe consider, but if I'm lucky I'd like to have my first before 30, possibly two before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiliee21)
    I wouldnt, I dont plan on having children until i'm 30ish but I dont want the option taken away from me. I really would be taking it just to protect me until I'm finished uni but there are so many other contraceptives I could use.
    This. I'd rather just stay on the normal pill until I'm 30 and have the option of coming off it than take this irreversible one.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I don't think I want kids and I doubt I'd be in the position to have any before the age of 30 anyway, but if I decided I wanted kids I'd ideally want my first one before I'm 30.

ReputationRep:
    no i wouldnt it would be weird.

ReputationRep:
    I've already got a son at 21, and plan on having more kids, although not for a couple of years...I could do with a nibble up until I'm about 25 too!!! But 30 is definitely to late for me, especially as I want atleast one more child - I don't think it'd be fair on my son for me to wait till he's about 10 for me to have all his siblings! Lol!

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with you people?
    Why do humans always want to stop the natural parts of our lives?
    I have a pill that stops you needing to take a crap. Do you want one?

Have your period and have a goddam baby before the menapause kicks in.

Nuff said

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)

Nuff said
    menopause isn't at age 30

ReputationRep:
    I think I want kids before the age of 30, but the idea of stopping periods through a single pill with no side effects is quite :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no-fat-chicks)
    menopause isn't at age 30
    Really? Oh my god, i never knew that! Hey, have you heard of this thing called humour?

Oh by the way, thanks for fixing my spelling. Hey i have an idea, you can follow me around on every thread i go to and tidy up my posts, like a maid, or my *****. How about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)

Nuff said
    I'd love a pill that stops me needing a crap. I'd even like a pill that stops me needing to eat (but doesn't prevent me from eating if I want). Old sci fi stories said we'd have meals in pill form by now, why don't we?

ReputationRep:
    Yes please!!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take it.

I quite like having periods, it's nice to know that everything is in working order. I don't have any cramps/mood swings/get really spotty/other stuff some women suffer with during the time of the month, but if I did I might think differently.

Also, I might change my mind and want children before 30

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.