Under what conditions can you skip your GCSEs so that they take your mock grades? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tashdokerty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is it true that if you have a certain illness, life threatening disease, or genuine excuse, that you can skip your GCSEs, and have your mock marks taken for your real grades instead?
Eloise987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Apparently, like if you get hit by a bus and are stuck in hospital until September then supposedly your mock grades are used.
Liam_G
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes.

What are you planning :curious:
tieyourmotherdown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do I smell a plan brewing then? :holmes:
Fred Ivanovic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A headache.
Emerald_Green
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe if you're in a coma and don't come out of it 'till after your actual exams are done...
supernova92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A classmates appendix had to be taken out the day before his german exam. So they just gave him his predicted grade... I get where they're coming from but his grades in class were so much lower than his predicted grade, and like, its kind of unfair. But then again, it can't really be helped... meh
Tashdokerty
Rep:
?
I d know, it just seems more practical than revising for GCSEs twice.

I was planning to go travelling the world after my mocks.

What has to happen to you? Like apparently at my school when there was a swine flu scare they thought they might call off school, GCSEs etc, and then all the students would have to take their mock marks.
viksta1000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if you abducted by aliens!
kashim91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A meteor hits your school when your doing your exams
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I *wish* they would do that for me The next 6 months seem utterly pointless... Although OP, please don't actually skive them -that would be silly!
Summergirl.x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A guy at my school was stuck in a hospital the over side of the country - can't remember what was wrong with him, but he just got his predicted grades or mock grades, he'd also already taken half of his geo and so that mark was just used for the whole GCSE.
Miss it for A levels though and you get a U.
Tashdokerty
Rep:
?
Thanks for the ideas anyway. Things like that are possible, but really unlikely, and i guess i'm just gonna have to suck it up and revise afteralll.....
Fred Ivanovic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by supernova92)
A classmates appendix had to be taken out the day before his german exam. So they just gave him his predicted grade... I get where they're coming from but his grades in class were so much lower than his predicted grade, and like, its kind of unfair. But then again, it can't really be helped... meh
The other side of the coin is people like me who never revised for Mocks but did for the actual exam would be completely screwed if I happened to miss an exam. I think I would have dropped 2/3 grades in a lot of subjects.
Keckers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wait. GCSE's and revise in the same sentence?

You're doing it wrong.
Corkscrew
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My friend had glandular fever and then swine flu so he just got his predicted/mock/coursework grades.

He was in bed for a couple of months though so I wouldn't recommend it.
Tashdokerty
Rep:
?
Yeah, maybe i should think positively because i'll have more time to actually do well.
Tashdokerty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keckers)
Wait. GCSE's and revise in the same sentence?

You're doing it wrong.
What???
supernova92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
The other side of the coin is people like me who never revised for Mocks but did for the actual exam would be completely screwed if I happened to miss an exam. I think I would have dropped 2/3 grades in a lot of subjects.
Yeah I know what you mean
supernova92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tashdokerty)
Thanks for the ideas anyway. Things like that are possible, but really unlikely, and i guess i'm just gonna have to suck it up and revise afteralll.....
What the actual **** its CHRISTMAS. almost JANUARY. You have like 5 months.... :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads