Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Under what conditions can you skip your GCSEs so that they take your mock grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that if you have a certain illness, life threatening disease, or genuine excuse, that you can skip your GCSEs, and have your mock marks taken for your real grades instead?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, like if you get hit by a bus and are stuck in hospital until September then supposedly your mock grades are used.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

What are you planning :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Do I smell a plan brewing then? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    A headache.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you're in a coma and don't come out of it 'till after your actual exams are done...

ReputationRep:
    A classmates appendix had to be taken out the day before his german exam. So they just gave him his predicted grade... I get where they're coming from but his grades in class were so much lower than his predicted grade, and like, its kind of unfair. But then again, it can't really be helped... meh

ReputationRep:
    I d know, it just seems more practical than revising for GCSEs twice.

I was planning to go travelling the world after my mocks.

What has to happen to you? Like apparently at my school when there was a swine flu scare they thought they might call off school, GCSEs etc, and then all the students would have to take their mock marks.

ReputationRep:
    if you abducted by aliens!

ReputationRep:
    A meteor hits your school when your doing your exams

ReputationRep:
    I *wish* they would do that for me The next 6 months seem utterly pointless... Although OP, please don't actually skive them -that would be silly!

ReputationRep:
    A guy at my school was stuck in a hospital the over side of the country - can't remember what was wrong with him, but he just got his predicted grades or mock grades, he'd also already taken half of his geo and so that mark was just used for the whole GCSE.
    Miss it for A levels though and you get a U.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the ideas anyway. Things like that are possible, but really unlikely, and i guess i'm just gonna have to suck it up and revise afteralll.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    A classmates appendix had to be taken out the day before his german exam. So they just gave him his predicted grade... I get where they're coming from but his grades in class were so much lower than his predicted grade, and like, its kind of unfair. But then again, it can't really be helped... meh
    The other side of the coin is people like me who never revised for Mocks but did for the actual exam would be completely screwed if I happened to miss an exam. I think I would have dropped 2/3 grades in a lot of subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Wait. GCSE's and revise in the same sentence?

You're doing it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    My friend had glandular fever and then swine flu so he just got his predicted/mock/coursework grades.

He was in bed for a couple of months though so I wouldn't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, maybe i should think positively because i'll have more time to actually do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Wait. GCSE's and revise in the same sentence?

You're doing it wrong.
    What???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
    The other side of the coin is people like me who never revised for Mocks but did for the actual exam would be completely screwed if I happened to miss an exam. I think I would have dropped 2/3 grades in a lot of subjects.
    Yeah I know what you mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashdokerty)
    Thanks for the ideas anyway. Things like that are possible, but really unlikely, and i guess i'm just gonna have to suck it up and revise afteralll.....
    What the actual **** its CHRISTMAS. almost JANUARY. You have like 5 months.... :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.