Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So yeah the title says it all really. Yeah im a guy and I think im bi.
    But thing is i got a muslim family and am 14 so need help on what to do. I can't live it as a secret. They need to find out at some point.
    Is it too early to say and should wait till im 18/19. And I want a BF but that might distract me from my education. As it is im predicted A's and A*'s

Any advice?
    Appreciate your help in advance
    x

(Keep anon or delete please)

ReputationRep:
    If you want a "BF" are you sure you're not just gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    If you want a "BF" are you sure you're not just gay?
    when people are bi, they usually have a preference to one of the sexes.

like I know bi girls who have boyfriends but are happy to do things with girls, and the other way round. just depends.

ReputationRep:
    Wait for a while, there is no need to rush into these things ( plus if your family is religious, sometimes you simply cannot make statements without some indication- my family is Christian and conservative, I'm fairly well versed in this sort of thing). But you're going about it the right way. Eventually they will need to know. Just make sure it happens on your terms.

If you're expected to go to university (If you have A*'s & As, why not?) why should you wait until you are 18-19? I mean- you've stated that you don't want to disturb your education, but surely, university will require more study and energy. And anyway, if you're going to announce to your family, I'm supposing you'll want to do it before going away. There isn't a real set age to start experimenting, but can you see what I'm getting at?

Anyway, hope it all works out for you

ReputationRep:
    I think you should focus on your studies now.
    Even if you were straight I'd say the same.
    Once you have your studies eg. GCSEs, A levels, under your belt then you can tell you parents your orientation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.