Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does christmas get so boring after a while? Watch

ReputationRep:
    :eek:christmas is not the same anymore "/

ReputationRep:
    Because you're using your stocking as a **** sock instead of for presents.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it boring.

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is NEVER boring unless you're doing it wrong

ReputationRep:
    Once you've grown up, the "magic" fades a little, and you have to take a bit of time to appreciate it in a different way (ie for seeing family, being happy etc) rather than just getting presents from Santa :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Once you've grown up, the "magic" fades a little, and you have to take a bit of time to appreciate it in a different way (ie for seeing family, being happy etc) rather than just getting presents from Santa :-)
    Pretty much this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Yeah, I agree. There was a Christmas when I was about 14 when I realised it just wasn't the same anymore and found it a bit of an anti-climax. Since then though, I've really gotten into the whole thing as a season- playing board games with family, putting up the tree, watching films with my little sister, etc. rather than just the presents- and now I enjoy the whole thing just as much as I did when I was younger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.