Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where sells budget digital cameras? :URGENT: Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy one for my mum. I'm willing to spend up to £25. The Argos stores in my area are all out of the lower priced cameras and I've had a look on the Currys website and they don't sell one at my price range.

Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    £25 for a digital camera? And I thought the Tories were making budget cuts....

ReputationRep:
    CEX?

ReputationRep:
    You may as well get a disposable camera if your budget is only £25. You cannot even get a crap camera for that money.

ReputationRep:
    Argos..not for £25 though

ReputationRep:
    I was going to get my mum a digital camera and I was looking for cameras in that price range but I realised that they ARE terrible and they aren't worth the money.

I asked other family members to chip in and we got her a nice decent quality camera that will actually last.

You know the saying... buy cheap, buy twice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    You may as well get a disposable camera if your budget is only £25. You cannot even get a crap camera for that money.
    I don't know anything about cameras. I just need something to buy for my mum on top of the books I have already bought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I don't know anything about cameras. I just need something to buy for my mum on top of the books I have already bought.
    The cheapest OK digital camera you can get brand new is around £50/60, if you haven't got that much money then really you should get to the charity shop and see what they have available there.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be safer paying ~£50, that way you might get one that takes decent photos. I can't imagine that there would be many for £25 that would be decent in that way. But if this is for her Christmas present, you've left it VERY late, so it's your own fault!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Anyone??
    Five finger discount?

One or two on the PC world site, but not for £25

Vivitar ViviCam £35

another vivitar £30

If you're keen on getting your mum a camera, and if you can afford it, i'd really suggest that you try to stretch your budget to closer £100 - Particularly if you need to buy an SD card alongside the camera.

If you want to wait till January you could get more bang for your buck in the sales?

ReputationRep:
    £25? Buy her some chocolates from Thorntons instead. I imagine she'll appreciate it more than a **** camera. I know that sounds harsh but the quality will be shockingly bad, and no doubt the battery life will be too.

ReputationRep:
    Does it have to be new? My first P&S camera was okay - they go quite cheap on ebay. There's actually one with a buy it now of £20 + £5 delivery. That seems to fit your budget very nicely.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUJIFILM-FineP...0#ht_500wt_949

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.