The Student Room Group

Do you go to a Comprehensive, Grammar, or Public School?

Poll

Grammar Comp or Public

I go to a comp myself, though I have received a couple of offers by Grammar Schools for Sixth Form, however my parents are adamant that I go to public school. Just wondering which schools you people attend. If you have left school could you please still vote in the poll on which you did attend.
Thanks.
Reply 1
I got a scholarship to a Grammar school :smile:
Reply 2
Comp. Purely because there aren't any grammar schools near where I live and I can't really afford to go to a private school. It's not an issue though as its a very good school and was rated about 25 (I can't remember exactly) for a level results for state schools.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
I went to grammar school, and now I'm at college.
Reply 4
I go to a grammar school.
Reply 5
Original post by teshnit
I got a scholarship to a Grammar school :smile:

I never knew there were scholarships to grammar schools?
Grammar school 6th form. But our school became the 1st Grammar school to fail ofsted so it isn't that good lol
My school used to be independent, but it turned into an academy last year.
Reply 8
I go to a college (not sixth form).
Reply 9
I go to a Compehensive. I didn't have much choice tbh. There are no grammar schools in Wales, and no nearby private schools. It's not bad though. It's a pretty good school and I don't feel disadvantaged by it being a comprehensive at all.
I went to a Grammar school, a 6fth Form at a Comp and a FE College.
Comprehensive, and it never did me any harm!
You forgot to put in an option for those lucky enough to be home schooled *jealous*
Reply 13
Original post by HEJ92
I never knew there were scholarships to grammar schools?

Its fully independant and charges fees, therefore i get an academic scholarship to cancel out the fees, pretty hefty fees as well £3.4k a term ouchie :rolleyes: Its got Grammar in the title, not really a comprehensive Grammar or anything
I went to a selective grammar school, and if you ask me the country needs to return to a selective system.
I went to a grammar school(quite a few in Yorkshire) but now go to a college. I didn't realise how many people actually go/went to a grammar/private school
Reply 16
I go to College for sixth-form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending