• View Poll Results: Grammar Comp or Public
    Comprehensive
    51.11%
    Grammar
    28.89%
    Public/private/independent
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    I go to a comp myself, though I have received a couple of offers by Grammar Schools for Sixth Form, however my parents are adamant that I go to public school. Just wondering which schools you people attend. If you have left school could you please still vote in the poll on which you did attend.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I got a scholarship to a Grammar school

ReputationRep:
    Comp. Purely because there aren't any grammar schools near where I live and I can't really afford to go to a private school. It's not an issue though as its a very good school and was rated about 25 (I can't remember exactly) for a level results for state schools.

ReputationRep:
    I went to grammar school, and now I'm at college.

ReputationRep:
    I go to a grammar school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    I got a scholarship to a Grammar school
    I never knew there were scholarships to grammar schools?

ReputationRep:
    Grammar school 6th form. But our school became the 1st Grammar school to fail ofsted so it isn't that good lol

ReputationRep:
    My school used to be independent, but it turned into an academy last year.

ReputationRep:
    I go to a college (not sixth form).

ReputationRep:
    I go to a Compehensive. I didn't have much choice tbh. There are no grammar schools in Wales, and no nearby private schools. It's not bad though. It's a pretty good school and I don't feel disadvantaged by it being a comprehensive at all.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I went to a Grammar school, a 6fth Form at a Comp and a FE College.

ReputationRep:
    Comprehensive, and it never did me any harm!

ReputationRep:
    You forgot to put in an option for those lucky enough to be home schooled *jealous*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    I never knew there were scholarships to grammar schools?
    Its fully independant and charges fees, therefore i get an academic scholarship to cancel out the fees, pretty hefty fees as well £3.4k a term ouchie :rolleyes: Its got Grammar in the title, not really a comprehensive Grammar or anything

ReputationRep:
    I went to a selective grammar school, and if you ask me the country needs to return to a selective system.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a grammar school(quite a few in Yorkshire) but now go to a college. I didn't realise how many people actually go/went to a grammar/private school

ReputationRep:
    I go to College for sixth-form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.