Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calling all Christians - I need you to pray for someone! Watch

Hello. I've not started this thread for people to debate the finer points of religion, or to tell me whether or not, in your opinion, God exists: I just want you to pray for my grandmother if you believe in God.

You don't need to send a reply into this thread, but please remember Fran in your prayers.

If you don't believe in God or anything like that, then please just remember this woman who has spend her life helping others, and who has survived illness after illness, and whose wisdom will benefit my family and all those around her for years to come!

Thank you all very much, and I hope you all have a good Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can't exactly pray for her... but I hope everything is okay and she sounds wonderful :hugs: xxx

ReputationRep:
    I am a Christian, and shall be attending church twice today so will pray both times for her xx and in my prayers before I go to sleep. God will look after her and life and in death- and even though you don't want to hear it right now, even if she passes away, He will take care of her in Heaven. But I will pray for her :-) xxx

ReputationRep:
    DONE.

ReputationRep:
    Prayed for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Hello. I've not started this thread for people to debate the finer points of religion, or to tell me whether or not, in your opinion, God exists: I just want you to pray for my grandmother if you believe in God.

You don't need to send a reply into this thread, but please remember Fran in your prayers.

If you don't believe in God or anything like that, then please just remember this woman who has spend her life helping others, and who has survived illness after illness, and whose wisdom will benefit my family and all those around her for years to come!

She'll be in my prayers this festive season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I am a Christian, and shall be attending church twice today so will pray both times for her xx and in my prayers before I go to sleep. God will look after her and life and in death- and even though you don't want to hear it right now, even if she passes away, He will take care of her in Heaven. But I will pray for her :-) xxx
    This is the thought I've been forcing myself to remember - God forgets nobody, and even if his plan means the end of this life, nobody will be forsaken.

Thank you all for praying. She's doing well now; it's a chest infection. She's not been awake much today, but there has been a noticeable improvement. Her heart's as strong as it ever was (quite a feat after a pericardectomy in 1988 and a leaky heart valve).

So, for the time being, Frances Tuson is still with us. But she's not out of the deep yet. Dad's staying overnight at the hospital, and we've canceled Christmas for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again for praying. I'm still doing it as well, and will either be going to the local Catholic church (where Gran was a member some years ago), or to the Anglican church (where her family all went) at midnight.

ReputationRep:
    Done. I hope your gran is doing better

ReputationRep:
    This is the thought I've been forcing myself to remember - God forgets nobody, and even if his plan means the end of this life, nobody will be forsaken.

Thank you all for praying. She's doing well now; it's a chest infection. She's not been awake much today, but there has been a noticeable improvement. Her heart's as strong as it ever was (quite a feat after a pericardectomy in 1988 and a leaky heart valve).

So, for the time being, Frances Tuson is still with us. But she's not out of the deep yet. Dad's staying overnight at the hospital, and we've canceled Christmas for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again for praying. I'm still doing it as well, and will either be going to the local Catholic church (where Gran was a member some years ago), or to the Anglican church (where her family all went) at midnight.
    He will never forget her; whatever he chooses, whether she remains on this Earth or in Heaven, He will look after her.

I'm glad to hear she's a little bit better. I will carry on praying for her, and if you ever need a chat, you know where I am. xxx
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

Praying for her and for you and your family

Some Bible verses I find helpful

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted" (Matthew 5:4)
    "The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.' (Psalm 9:9)
    "For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." (Lamentations 3:31-33)
    "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" (Revelations 21:4)

ReputationRep:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...09&version=NIV

Remember that God forgets NOBODY

Sounds like your grandmother has had an amazing life besides! What's her name if you don't mind so I can add her to my prayer list?

Will pray anyhow

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you've made me feel all guilty now .

It's pretty awkward pleading to somebody I don't believe in to spare the life of somebody I've never met.

But since it's Christmas... I'll give it a shot, in the name of Granny Franny.

ReputationRep:
    Prayers for her and for you as well. I'm glad she's doing better now, although I don't know her or you, it's still horrible when people are in pain around this time especially.

(Original post by Dagnabbit)
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...09&version=NIV

Remember that God forgets NOBODY

Sounds like your grandmother has had an amazing life besides! What's her name if you don't mind so I can add her to my prayer list?

Will pray anyhow
    Thank you. Her name is Amy Frances Tuson - people call her Fran.

ReputationRep:
    Why only Christians ? Im Sikh and would gladly pray for your Gran

ReputationRep:
    Will do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Christian, but I will pray anyway...Every little helps? x
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:

Glad to hear she's doing better and hope the improvement continues

ReputationRep:
    Done!
    God bless
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Christian but I hope your grandmother feels better soon.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.