Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long until I can get another piercing? ear lobe. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay got my ear pierced the otherday, properly at a piercing studio.
    Seems to be all good no pain whats so ever really, thing is I kind of want another piercing on my lobe just above the one just done. As IDK I find my ear kind of naked, does that even make sense ha?
    Do I have to wait until this ones healed? or would it be okay to get another one straight away.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for it, the ear is a pretty quick-healing place.

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as you keep both clean it should be fine. (:

ReputationRep:
    I asked this once when I was getting a piercing and they said that they advise people to wait until the current one has healed. I think the main reason for this was that the recently pierced area would be quite sensitive so having another piercing may be quite painful. Having said that I pierced my own ears twice in each lobe and, although yes the second one was slightly more painful, I didn't have any adverse side effects during the healing process.

ReputationRep:
    The only issue I can see would be if you had to remove the stud from the first piercing if you want the second really close to the first- if you had to take it out, I'd recommend that you waited for it to heal first. It will probably be a little more painful, because the area will still be sensitive, but just like any other lobe piercing the pain will/should pass pretty quickly :-)

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys
    I think I'll go ahead and get it done, when I get the chance, pain isn't really an issue.
    Then at least they'll be healed at around the same time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.