Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep pay monthly contract but change phone.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to get rid of my HTC Wildfire as it freezes and is slow and annoying.. but Vodafone say I can't just pay more for a different phone. What can I do? Cancelling my contract is very expensive. If I just buy an unlocked phone, say a HTC Desire of Samsung Galaxy or something, will it work with my Vodafone Pay Montly SIM? Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caseyhayes)
    I want to get rid of my HTC Wildfire as it freezes and is slow and annoying.. but Vodafone say I can't just pay more for a different phone. What can I do? Cancelling my contract is very expensive. If I just buy an unlocked phone, say a HTC Desire of Samsung Galaxy or something, will it work with my Vodafone Pay Montly SIM? Thanks guys.
    Providing you make sure the phone you buy is unlocked or you pay to have it unlocked it should work fine. There is nothing stopping you from selling the HTC wildfire and using the money to buy another phone.

You can also buy a Vodafone PAYG phone and stick your SIM in that without needing to unlock it. If they sell a phone you're interested in, it could work out a bit cheaper.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FXX)
      You can also buy a Vodafone PAYG phone and stick your SIM in that without needing to unlock it. If they sell a phone you're interested in, it could work out a bit cheaper.
      I asked this to the customer services man, he said it wouldn't work, was he just being cheeky?

ReputationRep:
      Any unlocked/vodafone locked phone will work with your vodafone contract sim

(Original post by caseyhayes)
        I asked this to the customer services man, he said it wouldn't work, was he just being cheeky?
        Judging by what you said you were told in your OP, I'd say he was being a total prat.

ReputationRep:
        They might tell you that it won't work putting your SIM into another phone, but it will. I don't know why they tell you this though, because surely it's in their interest to let you buy as many phones as you like!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.