Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a general studies exam in january, however i dont see the point in preparation for it because half the uni's dont accept it and the course i want to do (optometry) doesnt require it. should i bother with it and if so, whats the best way to prepare for a general studies paper...also, if i fail it, is it worth the resit?????

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother prepare, just turn up for the exam and do it. If you get a good grade, cool. If not, as you've said, it won't make any difference.

I'm doing it too in Jan and none of mine take it. Birmingham (I didn't apply in the end) said although they don't accept it then a good performance could be taken into account (should you marginally miss the offer). Though that's a number of places and again, it probably wouldn't make much difference.

It's not worth a resit if it's not going to make a blind bit of difference!

Don't worry and just focus on your other subjects

ReputationRep:
    I took both AS modules in summer last year, got 85 and 73, retaking the 73 one in january, no revision needed, just go in do the multiple choice then just blag and bs much as you can for the essay and hopefully you going along the right lines. Will take it for A2, as some of my unis have offered me alternative reqs inc gs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.