Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently completed my final interviews on the trading floor with BoAML for a graduate position. I was informed that I was down to the final 2 and that I would be updated within the following couple of days. This did not transpire and as of today it's been pushed back to the new year, 'due to the relevant traders and HR being out of the office'.

Is it likely that the other person has got the job and thatI have been put on hold whilst the other person decides whether to accept or not?

Or is it standard to have a bit of a wait?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    To be honest the other person probably got it.. good luck though, I hope I'm wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's my feeling. I question it in hope though, due to the fact the head of the desk was on annual leave and just came in to do the interviews. So maybe there's a small chance that it's just a natural delay due to annual leave and the time of year.

Waiting in these circumstances is not pleasant.

Can anyone who has received an offer from BoAML shed some light?

ReputationRep:
    Or people who have received trading offers in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Record)
    Or people who have received trading offers in general?
    should be usually within a day or 2 innit? More likely they are waiting for the guy to accept the offer.

Tho there are always exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess so. I was originally told within a day or two. Speaking to H.R a couple of days later they said they were trying to get him a response pre Christmas, but it was difficult. I suppose this kind of delaying tactic is common procedure for H.R? What excuses did others receive along these lines?

Again, any advice greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Is it always H.R that conrtacts you, whether you are successful or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Record)
    Is it always H.R that conrtacts you, whether you are successful or not?
    If you get the offer - its either HR or Team

If you do not get the offer - its either HR or an email (poor form)

ReputationRep:
    So I'm still being told that there hasn't been a decision yet, due to illness and annual leave delays.

I thought that if they were just waiting to see another candidate's response to the offer it would have been quicker than this (Interviewed 21/12).

I don't know what to think now.

ReputationRep:
    people should be coming back next week......... activity is still slow this week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.