Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about no A* in RE and English lang :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I dossed about in year 10. So ended up with getting about an A average for my coursework and a B in speaking and listening (which is bound to improve). Is it still possible for me to gain an A*? It seems like I will have to score in the high 90s to even have a shot which worries me.

Also, in RE I scored 84% for one module which is worth 50% of our grade. Is RE hard? Im doing the catholic course and want an A*, can I still make the grade?

ReputationRep:
    ...I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about R.E? I dropped it at GCSE as it was such a pointless subject. English language is important though.

ReputationRep:
    The year 11 RE module is piss if it's the one I did, it's just a load of ethical issues you need to know the arguments for/against it. Even easier than year 10.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in Eng Lang coursework and an A* overally (S+L an A as far as I remember). I was on WJEC though, so the exam is 70% of everything.

I got 88% in the first year of RE and 90% in the second, missed it by 2%. It's not hard to do well but i'd say you'll have to really focus to make sure you know everything pretty well to manage 96% worth. The second year stuff seemed more interesting/easier to blag though.

Don't worry though, an A or an A* won't make much difference in the end if it's one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry RE is piss easy, most people in my year last year got A's and A*'s with the AQA course.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry- just have fun. I got an A in RE by hiding in the toilets all year, I'd imagine if you showed up to lessons- you're probably onto an A*.

Save all of the stressing over grade boundaries for A-level.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're going to have to redo everything from year 7 again.

Sucks to be you.

ReputationRep:
    The Catholic version of RE is piss easy, I think practically everyone in the top half of my year managed an A or A* in it. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Is there no way you can redo the English speaking/listening? Our teacher who made everyone that got less than their target grade redo it.
    The Catholic version of RE is easy. RE is easy generally, so that shouldn't be too hard, you seem to be doing well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Don't worry- just have fun. I got an A in RE by hiding in the toilets all year, I'd imagine if you showed up to lessons- you're probably onto an A*.

Save all of the stressing over grade boundaries for A-level.
    I HIDE IN TOILETS TOO! =D

:hi5:

Was it because you just couldn't be asked to go to lessons? =P

(Original post by JackWoot)
      The year 11 RE module is piss if it's the one I did, it's just a load of ethical issues you need to know the arguments for/against it. Even easier than year 10.
      True, it's essentially a written form of the TSR Religion forums. :yep:

ReputationRep:
      If you had Ds from Year 10 then that's something to be concerned about.

Only on TSR will you see people complaining about getting As.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Instincts_2012)
      I HIDE IN TOILETS TOO! =D

:hi5:

Was it because you just couldn't be asked to go to lessons? =P
      Of course it was, bahaha!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lechaton-x)
      Of course it was, bahaha!
      Funny how the teachers don't actually report it =P (although it is saved on the database - but no one realises LOL)

I always just go into the toilets - force myself to vomit in the sink, which leaves a lot of vomit, and then I just wait in there... reason for the vomiting is in case a teacher or someone knocks and asks why have I been in there so long and not in lessons, I could just say I'm feeling sick XD

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.