Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

About behavioral economics in unis Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    May I ask if any uni is reputated in its research in behavioral econ in uk?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YhA_kaede)
    May I ask if any uni is reputated in its research in behavioral econ in uk?
    Aren't you still choosing your undergraduate universities? If so, it doesn't really matter since you're unlikely to cover any behavioural economics until postgraduate level.

Simply because a university has an active research team within behavioural economics doesn't mean they'll offer undergraduate modules in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Aren't you still choosing your undergraduate universities? If so, it doesn't really matter since you're unlikely to cover any behavioural economics until postgraduate level.

Simply because a university has an active research team within behavioural economics doesn't mean they'll offer undergraduate modules in it.
    You aren't actually answering the question.
    Just assumed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    You aren't actually answering the question.
    Just assumed.
    I assumed he's still choosing his undergraduate university because I remember him posting about it not too long ago; I did a quick search and indeed he is. Admittedly I didn't answer his question, and admittedly I don't know the answer, but I nonetheless felt it worth mentioning that even if he chooses an undergraduate university with decent postgraduate research in behavioural economics, it won't make a difference to his undergraduate experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)

So do u mean I shd choose a uni wif a module abt behabioural econ rather than the one wif research in it? I have seen some unis have a module named behavioural econ blablabla in yr3:rolleyes: But it seems it is a subject that will only be taught in year3:eek:

Many thanks for ur help as I am so excited abt stuffs in behavioural econ n game theory(though they seems not relevant )

ReputationRep:
    It's a very popular field these days -- every uni would be researching into it. Cambridge is the don at it, though.

ReputationRep:
    At Warwick we cover it in a little depth in 2nd year Micro, but I don't know if we recognized for research in that field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    It's a very popular field these days -- every uni would be researching into it. Cambridge is the don at it, though.
    Yeah there was a discussion on the radio a few months back, where some academics were discussing "where does the future of economics go in the context of the recession", eg they were talking about is the future Keynesian, classical or whatever, one of the US professors on the show said that the trend in the last decade had been a shift away from taking mainstream economics away from political economy and moral arguments, towards mathematical economics, but he thought the next shift which has already started in the US, is away from treating the maths as gospel, and more towards behavioural economics.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone introduce me an initiatory book for behavioural economics?

I have found on amazon but there are lots of books related

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.