Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So next february I'm coming to London (I'm an International student so I haven't any experience with UK unis) for a few days and I would like to visit the Regent street campus (I already received an unconditional offer from them). Unfortunately I can't come during the next open day. I would like to know if the university (and in particular the regent street campus) is freely accessible to visit during the week? Or prospective students can visit the university and the building/campus only during open day? Do they check you at the entrance or they ask you for a badge/permit before entering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrespi)
    So next february I'm coming to London (I'm an International student so I haven't any experience with UK unis) for a few days and I would like to visit the Regent street campus (I already received an unconditional offer from them). Unfortunately I can't come during the next open day. I would like to know if the university (and in particular the regent street campus) is freely accessible to visit during the week? Or prospective students can visit the university and the building/campus only during open day? Do they check you at the entrance or they ask you for a badge/permit before entering?
    Well what university is it ? westminister? they would probably have it on thier website

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm talking about westminster and in particular the regent street campus.
    I already know when they will have their open day (I found in on their website): it's in April if I'm correct but I wanted to know if I will be able to enter and visit it by myself on a normal day. I know I will miss a lot by going alone and not during an open day but I just want to see how is the building from the inside before deciding.
    As I said I can't come during the next open day.
    Do they check the visitors at the entrance? Are only students allowed inside or anyone can come in any time?

ReputationRep:
    It's closed on Christmas but you can break in if you want. Let me know and i'll keep a look-out for you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm talking about westminster and in particular the regent street campus.
    I already know when they will have their open day (I found in on their website): it's in April if I'm correct but I wanted to know if I will be able to enter and visit it by myself on a normal day. I know I will miss a lot by going alone and not during an open day but I just want to see how is the building from the inside before deciding.
    As I said I can't come during the next open day.
    Do they check the visitors at the entrance? Are only students allowed inside or anyone can come in any time?
    Oh ok cool. Yes they do, you cannot normally go inside if you dont have a ID card and if its not an open day. You will not be able to go past the barriers even if you dodge the main reception desk. I once tried going in before I was a student there, and the lady at the receptionist didnt let me, this was at cavendish btw. You could probably call them, and ask to see a tutor or something ? or check if they do booked tours ? some universities do that but not sure about westminister

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, i see. I will try to contact them and see if something can be arranged during the few days I'm in london.

P.S.: totally different from Italian universities, where no one checks and anyone can enter

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, i see. I will try to contact them and see if something can be arranged during the few days I'm in london.

P.S.: totally different from Italian universities, where no one checks and anyone can enter
    Really ? I didnt know that :eek: not very safe that

P.S good luck with visiting them

ReputationRep:
    I wrote to the university an email yesterday asking about this, now I will wait for their answer.

(Original post by Gamewizard)
    Really ? I didnt know that :eek: not very safe that
    Yeah, it's weird they are totally open for everyone, I remember that I could even enter inside some of the classrooms while they were having lectures, since they don't check.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.