Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, please please keep this anon because my ex knows i'm on here and reads my posts....

I'm just going through a bit of an awkward time at uni at the moment. I was with my bf for one year of uni and then we split up...but its not as simple and straightforward as that because we were practically a train wreck for the whole year as we were on and off quite a few times.
    Anyway now we're back at uni and he is just so mean to me, says things like.."you had your chance with me and you blew it" and "you have no friends" because all of our so called "mutual friends" have stuck by his side so i basically have no-one right now. He also tries to make me feel really insecure and keeps calling to ask if i'm over him yet... I mean who does that?? Is he just really insecure himself and trying to get a massive ego boost?
    I feel like slapping him across the face sometimes because he really pushes my buttons!!! Is this what he's trying to do? I obviously wouldn't get physical with him, I have my emotions under control.
    Any constructive advice would really be appreciated.
    and please keep anon...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it is a good thing that you aren't going out with him anymore!

I would just ignore him. He is obviously hurt by the break up and is trying to recover his ego.

Focus on making some new, DECENT friends who don't ditch you.

ReputationRep:
    Non-violence doesn't work, look how Gandhi turned out. Slap this cat until he stops being a *****

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a right ***** like... anyone who acts like that is clearly not over you. just don't contact him and don't let him know you're bothered, sounds like a pure brat. just move on, which is obv not what he's doing

<3

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him you've shagged loads of men since you broke up, that'll really get you under his skin.

Thanks for all your replies. Yes I agree, he is behaving like such an immature idiot.
    Its just he always makes out as though he is over me...because when he calls me, he'll say,"You need to get over me and move on with your life because I am...."
    I guess its partly my fault because I made the fatal mistake of telling him (about 2 months back), that I wasn't quite over him yet, and that I just needed more time before I could be his friend again. But for some reason, honesty back-fired on me and he's turned into an arrogant, self-obsessed pr*ck!!
    Obviously now, I really don't want to be with him, or be his friend, because of the way he's acting; he really has shown his true colours...
    But I still don't get why he is behaving the way he is? And why does he keep feeling the need to call/text me and tell me that he's over me?
    Sorry if this is annoying, I know people have much worse problems, its just he is really is making my university life a not very nice experience right now...:mad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.