The Student Room Group

To text or not to text

I've been dating this guy for the last few weeks and it is all very casual. We don't text at all unless it is to set up a date and he is always the one to initiate the exchange. Anyway, he was feeling sick on the last date (but showed up, rather than cancelled) and I was just wondering whether it would be okay to text him a get well soon/happy xmas kind of text. I'm just concerned about appearing clingy/a nag for doing so, since it really isn't serious at all. Thanks for the feedback!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh come on, just do it.
Do it. It's not as if you're gonna texting something that implies you're clingy, you're just showing general concern :smile:
Reply 3
yeah do it, he will prob think its quite sweet of you rather than a nag
Seriously? You have to ask the internet this? :facepalm:
Reply 5
That's not needy or clingy. Or you could even send like "happy xmas guys !!" so it seems as if youve sent it to a bunch of people so you're playing it cool.
Reply 6
It's Christmas time, and he's ill and he showed you affection. I think you know the answer to that.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this guy for the last few weeks and it is all very casual. We don't text at all unless it is to set up a date and he is always the one to initiate the exchange. Anyway, he was feeling sick on the last date (but showed up, rather than cancelled) and I was just wondering whether it would be okay to text him a get well soon/happy xmas kind of text. I'm just concerned about appearing clingy/a nag for doing so, since it really isn't serious at all. Thanks for the feedback!

hey you should text him, im sure you saying 'happy xmas' is not clingy, just do it lol x
That's not clingy.

Trust me, this comes from someone with no shame about textual clinginess*.

*I don't know why, but in text form I always seem much more clingy than in any other form.
Reply 9
you're dating....logic dictates you must like him...he is ill...you are wondering if you should send a get well text.

The answer is yes by the way. Though honestly I'd send a friend a get well text, let alone someone I was starting a relationship with.
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
That's not clingy.

Trust me, this comes from someone with no shame about textual clinginess*.

*I don't know why, but in text form I always seem much more clingy than in any other form.

yes, you like to include a lot of *huggles* *snuggles* etc in your texts don't you?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

Do it. I can't believe you made a thread about this...
Original post by joey11223
yes, you like to include a lot of *huggles* *snuggles* etc in your texts don't you?

I said I can be clingy, not that I'm 13 :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
lmfao, how ****ing awkward can you get? asking if you should text someone you're dating to say merry xmas.

WHAT. THE. ****.

SERIOUSLY?
Reply 14
Some of the reads on these forums make me a die a little inside.
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
I said I can be clingy, not that I'm 13 :colonhash:

Spoiler

aww...I like to add huggles to my texts...:redface: :redface: , just because I like to cuddle people so much IRL and it sort of drifts over..

but yes it is, people should hug every day, multiple times ideally. There shouldn't be this dumb macho guy thing where male friends can't hug properly either! Hugs are good for everything!
Yes, it's good to talk to your boyfriend!
Original post by ToastyCoke
lmfao, how ****ing awkward can you get? asking if you should text someone you're dating to say merry xmas.

WHAT. THE. ****.

SERIOUSLY?

hey I hope you have a really nice Christmas Toasty! Hope you're feeling well, if not lots of hugs for you and I hope you feel better real soon!

...oh...OH what have I done!? NOOOO:tongue:
Do it.
Original post by joey11223
aww...I like to add huggles to my texts...:redface: :redface: , just because I like to cuddle people so much IRL and it sort of drifts over..

but yes it is, people should hug every day, multiple times ideally. There shouldn't be this dumb macho guy thing where male friends can't hug properly either! Hugs are good for everything!

:jumphug:

Why are none of my friends like you? :frown: I need daily hugs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending