ReputationRep:
    Where is the best thread award? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Where is the best thread award? :puppyeyes:
    Indeed, I feel that's the most important one (mainly because I think I came second in it one year).

ReputationRep:
    Was thinking that too, it's pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racaha)
    Aw, there are TSR awards? Can anyone vote?
    Yes, just go back to the about forum page and click on the purple announcement at the top.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I should win them all, although I don't know what they are :holmes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I should win them all, although I don't know what they are :holmes:
    Vote paddy! :russia:

But on a more serious note, also noticing a distinct lack of best thread award, it's my favourite :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Hope to do better in the awards this year :excited:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racaha)
    Aw, there are TSR awards? Can anyone vote?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=form&fid=22

You've got until 7 January to nominate, then I'd expect there to be a voting period based on a shortlist soon after.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Vote paddy! :russia:

But on a more serious note, also noticing a distinct lack of best thread award, it's my favourite :sad:
    :hugs: yays.

I really wanted to win the best thread award as well, I'm a well good thread :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=form&fid=22

You've got until 7 January to nominate, then I'd expect there to be a voting period based on a shortlist soon after.
    :poke: Do you know if it will be added?

(Original post by paddy__power)
    :hugs: yays.

I really wanted to win the best thread award as well, I'm a well good thread :hmmm:
    I'd pull that thread. :mmm:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the one arranging the awards :p: You'd need to ask admin, but I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    x
    (Original post by CJ)
    X
    Best thread award?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

I'd pull that thread. :mmm:
    You, babe, would add it to your favourites
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Best thread award?
    I haven't been involved in setting the up the actual awards list, so I can't say for certain the reasons for not including it. But I could perhaps take a guess that it's because the award in the past was not necessarily a representative award and was more concerned with which threads have the most regular contributors than actually picking the thread which most people consider the best. There are perhaps other ways to pick the best thread than using nominations.

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    I haven't been involved in setting the up the actual awards list, so I can't say for certain the reasons for not including it. But I could perhaps take a guess that it's because the award in the past was not necessarily a representative award and was more concerned with which threads have the most regular contributors than actually picking the thread which most people consider the best. There are perhaps other ways to pick the best thread than using nominations.
    Maybe it's something that can be worked on (too late this year now though ). Maybe a best thread award for the best thread out in the forums (like that sanitary towel one or whatever it was last year) and a best "soc" chat (as some are in chat) one too, for the ones with regular posters.

(Original post by m:)ckel)
    I changed mine once (also submitted a few times unfinished because I knocked enter by accident). Just re enter your new ones and it says your previous votes will be discounted.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool.

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to nominate yourself if there is an award you genuinly think you should win?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    Are you allowed to nominate yourself if there is an award you genuinly think you should win?
    While the nomination form doesn't say anything specific on this, I'd suggest not :nah: In any case, to actually win the award you'd need to get votes from other members once we reach that stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    "Best Oldie" and "Flirt of the Year" = this man

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.