The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Yay! studying chemical engineering :smile:. Anyone in Arthur Tattersall?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Finally got to add "University College London" as my place of study on facebook, now every time I look at it I get a little flush of pride :smile: still hasn't properly hit me that I'm going to such an awesome uni! Oooh.
Reply 522
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Finally got to add "University College London" as my place of study on facebook, now every time I look at it I get a little flush of pride :smile: still hasn't properly hit me that I'm going to such an awesome uni! Oooh.

Don't worry, I feel the same! After eleven months of waiting, it seems almost impossible to have got in... :biggrin:
Reply 523

me too, and I'm so excited about starting in sept! :smile: Congrats to you!
As anybody got a 'welcome pack' or something like that yet in the post?
Are we able to do pre-enrolement yet? I'm a bit confused, it said to do so when I got my stuff from the department but I can't seem to navigate the website very well.
Original post by TheUsername42

Nope havn't got anything!
Reply 527
Original post by goldandelion
i've firmed for ancient world studies just now!

welcome to the department of greek and latin!
Reply 528
Has anyone else not heard anything about accommodation? I got my results in July and haven't heard anything from them yet :/
Original post by Havok!
Has anyone else not heard anything about accommodation? I got my results in July and haven't heard anything from them yet :/

Ye ,i got a room at Ramsay !! Is Ramsay any good ??
Reply 531
I got into biomedical sciences. But I havent registered for accomm, anyone has an idea what will happen to me :biggrin:? Can I still get a room?
Reply 532
Original post by Willois
I got into biomedical sciences. But I havent registered for accomm, anyone has an idea what will happen to me :biggrin:? Can I still get a room?

Me too! Well i'm gonna study pharmacology but i thought i wanted to live at home but i'm now reconsidering and i want to maybe rent a flat!
Original post by houseelf
Medicine firm @ AAA. 2 of those A's are already in the bag assuming good health in June, now I just need to nail maths!

Slightly terrified I'm going to spend the next 6 years impoverished and starving, but hey, it'll be worth it! :tongue:

How come you ended up going from UCL to nottingham? Judging by your sig you met the grade requirments? Just interested lol
Reply 534
Hey anyone here has Langton Close as their accomodation?
Reply 535
Original post by Mousebudden
How come you ended up going from UCL to nottingham? Judging by your sig you met the grade requirments? Just interested lol

I chickened out of UCL at the last minute. xD The idea of being ridiculously poor was quite a turn-off, as was the thought of being constantly unwell (manic) due to big-city living. Besides, Nottingham was the first uni I fell in love with, and I just think it'll be better for me overall. :smile:
Original post by houseelf
I chickened out of UCL at the last minute. xD The idea of being ridiculously poor was quite a turn-off, as was the thought of being constantly unwell (manic) due to big-city living. Besides, Nottingham was the first uni I fell in love with, and I just think it'll be better for me overall. :smile:

Oh right that's fair enough. What do you like about Nottingham so much ( I'm also thinking of applying there).
Reply 537
Original post by Mousebudden
Oh right that's fair enough. What do you like about Nottingham so much ( I'm also thinking of applying there).

I'm not sure the UCLers will be massive fans of me spamming their thread with the awesome things about Nottingham, so I'll PM you! :tongue:
Reply 538
I'm doing the pre-enrollment and on the fees page it says this:

For Academic Year 2011: Fee Contribution £
2011 Programme Fees - Your Self-Payer Fee Contribution 3,375.00
Total Programme Fees your Sponsor/Student Loan will pay 0.00

Does this mean UCL thinks I'll pay for the fees myself, and nothing comes from my Student Loan? As far as i'm aware, and according to the letter from the SLC, the course is paid for by my tuition fee loan. Anyone else had this come up?
Original post by TheUsername42

Original post by woods.vanessa
Nope havn't got anything!

i got a letter confirming my place and some stuff from laws society (preliminary reading list + fresher's fortnight info) but it all seemed to come from the laws department. oh and a transition leaflet! should there be a general welcome pack?
i was also wondering... i kinda miss a schedule or timetable or something telling me where and when stuff is going on... but maybe we just have to be patient... UCL seem to take their time with everything.

Are we able to do pre-enrolement yet? I'm a bit confused, it said to do so when I got my stuff from the department but I can't seem to navigate the website very well.

it took me ages to access that page! with all the ucl id and the password it's really complicated. in the left corner of that website there is the "pre-enrolment" box where you have to check your data and imput some info and in the end you get an email confirming your pre-enrolment where you also get allocated a time slot for the "real" enrolment. i think that's all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending