The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04smitht
Anyone else scared about the astronomical prices?

yeah... ugh have you looked into accomodation yet? it's just soo expensive :frown:

Original post by judgejohndeed
Hopefully be doing law in september :smile:

same here!

unconditional offer for English and German Law M146 :love:

see you in September! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Woop woop!!! :biggrin::biggrin: jus firmed biomed at ucl!!! The offer is 3 A's. Jus hope I make it and can't wait to come London!!!!!!
This is NOT jcockerill1 cos he's gay. This is alex, his amazing girlfriend yeahhh.

I got an offer from UCL for Modern Languages (French and Italian ab initio) - no conditions yet though. But I'm deffo firming UCL :smile:

WOOOOO!
Original post by China_Style
Firmed UCL for MChem,
I'd love to live in London :biggrin:

I firmed MChem too. If your MChem refers to Medicinal Chemistry MSci.
But my "firmed" was not the firmed you guys did. Cause I got my results on the 6th of January 2011 when the offer came on the 5th of January 2011. So technically, when I firmed it in the middle of Jan, I knew I would go.

AND I CAN'T WAIT :biggrin:
I've firmed an MSci in Medical Physics!
Reply 65
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Can I post if I'm stuck between firming UCL and another uni?

I've got a conditional from UCL (two 4's on AP exams) for both straight Scandinavian Studies and Modern Languages PLUS BA (Scandi + History of Art) and an unconditional from Edinburgh for Scandinavian Studies and History of Art.

Still deciding and will make any official firm/insurance decisions in February once I've visited both. Since I'm an international student, that's the only time that I'd have a break from school and would be able to fly over. :smile:

hey again :smile: (we spoke a few months ago and i just remembered that i forgot to reply to your last message - sorry!)
i'm choosing ucl despite offers from other good unis like imperial and durham simply because i think'll it'll be a good laugh AND be an excellent place to learn.
just my opinion, hopefully i won't end up regretting it.

let me know what decision you make in the end :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by antas33
Physics. Buzzin'!

same :smile: see you there mate!
Original post by Chris_183
hey again :smile: (we spoke a few months ago and i just remembered that i forgot to reply to your last message - sorry!)
i'm choosing ucl despite offers from other good unis like imperial and durham simply because i think'll it'll be a good laugh AND be an excellent place to learn.
just my opinion, hopefully i won't end up regretting it.

let me know what decision you make in the end :smile:

Oh, yeah! haha, I remember. No worries! :smile:
that's understandable. I was stuck between the two for the longest time and nearly firmed UCL after visiting it but I waited until I got to Edinburgh and I'm sorry to say it won my heart. The first day or two, I thought it could never compare to London but then I met my department and took a tour and just took in the city and couldn't imagine myself living anywhere else next year! So, it was firmed. :biggrin:

Best of luck at UCL, I am a tad bit jealous since London is more accessible to Muse concerts but I'll survive. :tongue:
Waiting for my official letter to firm in Cultural Heritage Studies! UCL sounds amazing, and I've never been to London before, I'm completely stoked! :smile:
Original post by whitelily29
I firmed MChem too. If your MChem refers to Medicinal Chemistry MSci.
But my "firmed" was not the firmed you guys did. Cause I got my results on the 6th of January 2011 when the offer came on the 5th of January 2011. So technically, when I firmed it in the middle of Jan, I knew I would go.

AND I CAN'T WAIT :biggrin:

Oh, mine was an Msci regular Chemistry.
So, basically, your definately going UCL next year - sweet! :tongue:
Original post by China_Style
Oh, mine was an Msci regular Chemistry.
So, basically, your definitely going UCL next year - sweet! :tongue:

Next year? This year!
Guys , i ve received a letter inviting me for an open day tomorrow , so i juss wonder whether an offer is definite or not yet . The admissions tutor said he wishes to recommend an offer be made ..
Reply 72
Original post by Investment Banker
Guys , i ve received a letter inviting me for an open day tomorrow , so i juss wonder whether an offer is definite or not yet . The admissions tutor said he wishes to recommend an offer be made ..

Yep your into ucl!! U jus gotta attend the day and theyll show you aroun and than youve got the offer.
Original post by manjraman
Yep your into ucl!! U jus gotta attend the day and theyll show you aroun and than youve got the offer.

Thanx ! I feel so much better , woop woop !!:biggrin:
Reply 74
Medicine firm @ AAA. 2 of those A's are already in the bag assuming good health in June, now I just need to nail maths!

Slightly terrified I'm going to spend the next 6 years impoverished and starving, but hey, it'll be worth it! :tongue:
Reply 75
Hey i remember goin to the biomed open day and they sed dat i hav to pay the raised tuition fees (£9000), for my second and third year if i go this academic year 2011/2012. Is it the same for all u otha guys???
Reply 76
UCL firmerrrrr!!! :smile: I firmed my decision a few days ago
Original post by hopeb
i have an interview/open day tomorrow aswell, does this mean im pretty much in unless i completely mess it up and will they give me offer there and then (if ive got one that is!)?

is yours for econ L100 as well coz i m for econ !
Reply 78
Just got my offer for Global Migration Msc today!! Almost 100% I'm going to firm....doing a bit of a dance right now.:bban:
Original post by whitelily29
Next year? This year!

Oh yeah!
Sorry, time goes by so fast... :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending